“Dont give them your card”

and 1 more site!
Edgewater Beach Motel
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I reserved a room for two night 7/27/12 and 7/28/12 and I gave them my card #. I was told that I was not going to be charged until I got their. They charged me 900.00 and the manager Barry told me that he did not while my bank said they did.Dont trust them with your card.

Room Tip: a different hotel
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Luis B

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I LOVED THIS HOTEL. THE ROOMS ARE CHARMING, COMFORTABLE, AND
HAVE WONDERFUL OCEAN VIEWS. The managers and staff treated us like family. We're planning to stay again during our next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms are charming and have the nicest management I have ever experienced. Our room had a beautiful...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here last weekend and thought it was a great place to stay with kids. Our room had bunk beds (which they loved!) and my husband and I had plenty of room to hang out once the kids went to bed. We would definitely return!

1  Thank K B
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Edgewater on a vacation / business trip. I took my wife and son on this trip as it is where we are from. The Edgewater has a nice selection of different layouts in their rooms and you are sure to find one that fits your needs. The room we stayed in was recently remodeled and was put together VERY well. I found it to be very clean. The pool area was nice and well kept and the BBQ area was a nice touch for my family to use and prepare a home cooked meal. The staff was help knowledgeable about the surrounding areas and willing to help. The internet connection was satisfactory for me to get work done. I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with family, or just looking for a weekend getaway. The best part about the Edgewater is probably the location. Right across from the wharf and the boardwalk. If there was anything negative to say, it would be that the parking can be a little tight. The staff was very quick to accommodate us though and it was really no trouble - more of an annoyance.

1  Thank JimmyChuck_78613
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My friends from Sweden came to visit, a family of 6. I tried to find lodging for eight people in Santa Cruz for the days around July 4. This wasn't easy. I could find homes for rent, but they were very expensive and required a longer stay than we had planned. Hotels were not easy, either, because we would need several rooms, which would cost more than a house! Then I found the Edgewater Beach Motel! The price was half of what the eight person homes wanted per night, which made me a little skeptical about what to expect. Boy, were we happily surprised. They have a room that comfortably accomodates 8 people! We had two bathrooms, a kitchen, two TV's, a shared back patio and front patio; plus 3 queen beds and two murphy bunk beds! The biggest and best surprise of all was the location. On the map, it looks like you go down a street for a block, then turn for another half block to get to the Boardwalk, Wharf, Cowell or Main beaches. But, they actually have a giant parking lot at Edgewater, which connects almost directly to Main beach, just a short walk away. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt completely comfortable there. The kids loved the pool too. We were so close to all the fun that we could come "home" and take a little break before going out again.

2  Thank JulieandScott
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It is overpriced, management has a bad attitude, lots of noise due to thin walls. I would have done better paying a third of the price elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our vacation here!! The kids loved swimming in the pool & we had a place to BBQ while still watching them. Everyone was extremely helpful & our room was beautiful with an amazing view!!! We will continue to vacation here whenever possible!
Thank you Edgewater!!