“Best argument I ever lost.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Edgewater Beach Motel
Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Bay Area
“Best argument I ever lost.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I was set on staying at The Dream one of the newer hotels right on the beach. But babe wanted to explore more. So we drove around and stumbled upon Edgewater Beach Motel.

Such a lovely place!!! We had a room with a see through fireplace, a private deck with a lovely view of the beach and a sunken jacuzzi bath tub.

The gentleman at the counter was extremely helpful with our late night check in. Answering questions and giving us the number to the best local pizza joint.

Our room was spacious and clean. The room had all the extras you could need. Flat Screen TV, mini fridge, DVD player, microwave and AWESOME patio furniture.

In short I would stay at Edgewater Beach Motel again and again. I've always loved Santa Cruz and now I have a favorite haunt to stay while I play.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank TheBrideBayArea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
carson city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Traveling through Santa Cruz on the way down the coast and found this wonderful, unique motel! The room was so comfortable and everything I needed, including a kitchen! Close to the wharf and boardwalk and I could walk there. All the rooms are different, recently renovated, clean and charming plus the bed was so comfortable! The staff (Barry and Dee) were helpful and full of information about the area and went out of their way to be great hosts. I am woman, traveling solo this trip and it is also a very safe location and I felt very comfortable there. The rooms may be a little higher priced than the other motels near the boardwalk....but remember that you get what youpay for! I can't wait to bring my family back here the next time I visit Santa Cruz!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms available. There is something for everyone!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel was clean, room small but the bed was comfortable. Bottom line is I would not return. The place was empty so they should have upgraded us to a better room in my opinion- but maybe that is the difference between a motel and hotel not sure. I just think that the price was too high.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

For $279.00 (per night)!!! we expected windows, maybe clean carpet. Room is more of a prison cell, window looks into neighboring rooms. (room 112) A skylight had to be added or it would be pitch dark with no natural lighting. If you depend on 'wi-fi, make other arrangements. It is so weak with so many people using it, almost ineffective. Being a 2 night minimum, you are stuck on the weekends. Otherwise, we would have checked right out again. Would not recommend not will we be back. Huge disappointment all around.

Room Tip: Don't know that there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

1st and foremost I would like to Thank Barry & Debb the GM's of the motel for such Great service and hospitality!! They really made my stay a pleasure and would definitely recommend people to this motel..The rooms are spotless and the maintenance is well taken care of, the next time I roll into town I will be staying there....5 Stars all the way!!!

P.S. I like the names of the rooms too....I stayed in the Claim Diggs :^)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Sykesville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here for a week and had a great wnd wonderful time. I was oly a few steps from the ocean so i could hear sea lions. The motel was so close to everything and so convienient. The beds were amazing and the rooms themselves were newly redone lookedbrand new. The management is unparalleled in in every way always there to help and make your stay even more perfect. I will stay here every time i come to santa cruz

Room Tip: all rooms amazing
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I decided it was time to get married and picked the Santa Cruz area to have a small gathering of family to have a beach wedding. We had 14 people and 3 small dogs. We decided this one week prior to our arrival and found that finding a place that we could have the entourage of people and dogs was going to be a challenge if not impossible.
When I called the Edgewater I found that Dee, one of property managers, was very eager to help us to accomplish our goal. She set us up with 2 rooms for our group. When we arrived and checked into our room, we saw a nice vase of flowers on the table. The rooms were very clean and equipped to meet all our cooking needs as well. The location was very convenient and with a short walk of less than 5 minutes we could be on the boardwalk.
Dee and Barry were great hosts and very personable! They have rules that they enforce, which I like. It keeps it nice for future guests.
As far as we are concerned, the Edgewater Beach Motel, their management and staff are top notch. We will definitely stay ther again. Thanks Dee and Barry!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family