“Quiet, Relaxing Getaway”

Edgewater Beach Motel
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 5 December 2012

After the stress of work, we found a great place to relax and enjoy nature. The fireplace came in handy against the cool ocean breeze. It was great hearing the crash of the ocean waves and the bark of the sea lions. The beds are super comfortable. We walked out on the wharf and had a wonderful breakfast. Saw the Monarch Butterflies in Natural Bridges State Park. Staff was efficient, professional and friendly. We will be back.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have fireplaces. Each room is totally different.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lewis K

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Visited Santa Cruz with my wife for a weekend romantic getaway! We love Edgewater for the variety of rooms and they are all different! We stayed in a wonderful room with a full kitchen and jacuzzi tub. Beds were very comfortable. Loved that I could make my own coffee in the morning! It was an easy walk to the Boardwalk and Wharf for great restaurants. Also good location to visit Carmel and Monterey. Private parking (free!) is a plus! Dee and Barry were friendly and accommodating...giving it a Bed and Breakfast atmosphere. They showed us a room that would accommodate our kids and grand-kids so our next visit will definitely be with the entire family...and the grand-kids will love the pool too!

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms because they are all different!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Me my wife and 2 kids had an amazing time!!! Loved going to the board walk and loved enjoying the beach and then coming back to a nice clean room everyday!!!! Also loved how we had reserved parking!!! Really great place :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Loved the room!!! also loved the bath OMG it was awesome!!! we were in 110 And boy me and my wife loved that room great location as well!!!! Loved how close the beach was and also loved the staff as well. like I said before cant wait till the next trip!!! :)

Room Tip: Loved 110 great Tub and awesome bed!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I was set on staying at The Dream one of the newer hotels right on the beach. But babe wanted to explore more. So we drove around and stumbled upon Edgewater Beach Motel.

Such a lovely place!!! We had a room with a see through fireplace, a private deck with a lovely view of the beach and a sunken jacuzzi bath tub.

The gentleman at the counter was extremely helpful with our late night check in. Answering questions and giving us the number to the best local pizza joint.

Our room was spacious and clean. The room had all the extras you could need. Flat Screen TV, mini fridge, DVD player, microwave and AWESOME patio furniture.

In short I would stay at Edgewater Beach Motel again and again. I've always loved Santa Cruz and now I have a favorite haunt to stay while I play.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank TheBrideBayArea
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Traveling through Santa Cruz on the way down the coast and found this wonderful, unique motel! The room was so comfortable and everything I needed, including a kitchen! Close to the wharf and boardwalk and I could walk there. All the rooms are different, recently renovated, clean and charming plus the bed was so comfortable! The staff (Barry and Dee) were helpful and full of information about the area and went out of their way to be great hosts. I am woman, traveling solo this trip and it is also a very safe location and I felt very comfortable there. The rooms may be a little higher priced than the other motels near the boardwalk....but remember that you get what youpay for! I can't wait to bring my family back here the next time I visit Santa Cruz!

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms available. There is something for everyone!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel was clean, room small but the bed was comfortable. Bottom line is I would not return. The place was empty so they should have upgraded us to a better room in my opinion- but maybe that is the difference between a motel and hotel not sure. I just think that the price was too high.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple