This was our first real vacation with our children and we truly feel like we disappointed them with our choice to stay here. We met a woman who claims she has stayed here every year for the past 20+ years. OMG - WHY!!!!! Our son has heart problems and needs a heated pool, so we called twice to verify that their pool was heated and each time we were told YES, it is heated, of course. Guess what - NOPE. It was so cold, I could not even put my toes in. For a child, to have a pool so close, yet so far out of reach was very disappointing. This was just the beginning of a disappointing week. Do not let the "great location with ocean views" fool you. Our room was musty, it had no mirror or sink in the bathroom (oh, they were in the room, they were just located in the living area), the floor was extremely and I do mean extremely unlevel, the toilet was broken, only 3 lights in the room and they were equipped with energy efficient bulbs which made us feel like we were in a DUNGEON, and their was only one working window. C-mon, it is Santa Cruz, part of the whole experience is to open windows and smell and hear the beauty of the ocean - maybe next time. In addition, this complex uses their overflow parking on the weekends to supplement their revenue, but the constant in and out of "day parkers" was very annoying. Lastly, the so called cozy, family friend atmosphere was far from that unless you call grandma and grandpa's all day happy hour in front of their units, family friendly. I will say that the location is great and the availability of a BBQ and picnic area was nice, but please if you have kids and want to have a pleasant trip, stay next door at the Terrace or save up your pennies and splurge on the Dream Inn. We are very disappointed and sad that our first real vacation was here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardalk 1 block east and across from main beach & wharf. 17 unique non-smoking units. Spacious family suites with fully equipped kitchens, separate bedroom, and 2 T.V.'s. Enjoy our delightful climate while relaxing by our pool. Picnic area with gas BBQ's and great view. Short walk to downtown and west cliff drive. Some rooms with fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, and oceanviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Edgewater Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Beach Hotel Santa Cruz
- Edgewater Beach Santa Cruz