The motel does not live up to its' website. That is no surprise when compared to other places in the area. The room needed some work. It smelled. Mold, mildew, and bug spray come to mind. No airconditioning...didn't trust the wall heater. The main problem was how we were treated. We were chased down and reminded of the pet potty rules. We were reminded of the parking restrictions. We were required to sign a pet "contract". Checkout was traumatic. When I turned in the keys and remote controls one of the staff rushed to the room to check for "pet damage". We were there for one night, in the off season, and the only persons there...the place was empty. We obeyed all the rules. Yet, accused of breaking every one. This was not a chamber of commerce type welcome. We will not be back. \
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardalk 1 block east and across from main beach & wharf. 17 unique non-smoking units. Spacious family suites with fully equipped kitchens, separate bedroom, and 2 T.V.'s. Enjoy our delightful climate while relaxing by our pool. Picnic area with gas BBQ's and great view. Short walk to downtown and west cliff drive. Some rooms with fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, and oceanviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Edgewater Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Beach Hotel Santa Cruz
- Edgewater Beach Santa Cruz