“Awesome save”
Review of Fireside Inn

Fireside Inn
Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Got to town around midnight drove around and visited many of the hotels and no one answered the night windows. Finally I got to the fireside inn and they gave me and my friends a room at a great price. Thanks for the room we needed it!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I wasnt expecting much since previous inns I've stayed at werent nice in the slightest bit but this is a very nice one. The room was clean, no trace of the previous person, the staff was friendly and super helpful, endless hot water, great location, right on the boardwalk and walking distance to The Catalyst where we were seeing a show. Will be back here everytime we head to Santa Cruz!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank melissamenendez
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I don't care if you stay at a 4 to five star hotel, issues will arise at times and the minor issues that I have had with this hotel were promptly taken care of. None had to do with cleaniless, rude staff or the like, or I wouldn't never come back. I just had to say this before writing my review. I work at a 4 star hotel and trust me, I have seen more issues there for rooms that cost upwards of $300 a night in Silicon Valley. This hotel is upscale/bohemian/hippie, all bundled up in the spirit of Santa Cruz.
I stay at the Fireside Inn at least 1 to two days a week because of the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, the directtv, the fridge and the microwave inside of the room, and all of the amenities only a block away. Hills and dips abound near this hotel which is perfect for bike riding which I haven't done yet. As soon as I get a chance, I will be hitting up the natural bridges location soon enough. This hotel is family ran which coincides with the Bohemian spirit of Santa Cruz which aims to keep things non-corporate. As a travel writer and blogger, I love Santa Cruz and I would do nothing to ruin my vacation. Even when I have had opportunities to pay less elsewhere, I still chose this place and you should too. Also, unlike other hotels, you can check in early if a room is available, just call.

Room Tip: I love rooms 102, 103, and 204, especially 204 which has a reddish/gold couch/chair in it I believe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ejioforlove
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We too received space heater. Bed spread had blood on it. Hair dryer did not work. Bath tub had heavy dripping of water. Tv stopped working. Mold on window sills. Went to office for coffee before checking out and no one was there. Office was closed although several guests were still there.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank shagmont
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I arrived late and had to wake up the manager to check in. I knew things were off to a fantastic start when I was handed a space heater along with my room key. (As an east coaster, it was not that cold regardless). Upon entry to my room, I discovered a disaster - the bed was clearly only made up and not changed from the last use - all sorts of hair and dirt in the sheets. Additionally, everything was dusty. Investigated further - all sorts of food and associated mess found along, under, and behind the bed.

Departed immediately and paid much more for decent accommodations. Management indifferent to my problems. DO NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AlphaMaster
FIRESIDE INN S, Manager at Fireside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

We apologize for the inconvenience with heater, but we are in process of installing air conditioners with heating system.

Our office hours are 8 am - 10 pm and we attend guests at night window after 10 pm.

If we would have received any such complaints your room would have been changed immediately, we are trying to give the best service to every guest and we make sure that our guests have a good stay at Fireside Inn.

Every bad review affects our business drastically and we haven't had one bad review after we took possession of this motel recently.

We also did try to find out the room number and date you stayed here, but we were unable to get any details of your stay.

- Fireside Inn Management

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location was right across from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. The management was attentive to our needs. An outstanding feature is that this inn is animal friendly. The rooms were large. The managerment were in the process of many upgrades. My wife and I are looking forward to our next stay at the Fireside Inn...... With our pet.!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean T J
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Best service and location I found for a low price (around 60 USD, somewhat negotiable) in Santa Cruz. Quiet rooms close to the beach (without views, but for views in Santa Cruz you have to pay a sack of gold). Good breakfast. At the reception I received great advice on tourist activities and shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo