Beachview inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
Coastview Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach view inngreat locationfree wifimicrowave and fridgeblow dryeroff street parkingliquor storesea viewcomfy bedthe room was nicevery nice staycontinental breakfast isstay there againstayed one nightacross the streetwharfboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Heather is great! We had a great stay because of Heather! She smiles and laughs and it is just super! The Beachview Inn is great because of Heather!!!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank George141
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I was just down in Santa Cruz for my birthday and visiting since I had never been to Santa cruz before.. Beachview Inn was a great little place to stay especially if you are not looking to spend a whole lot of money. My boyfriend and I are in the process of saving money, so this was a perfect vacation that didnt completely rip open a hole in our wallets. We had a view of the beach right from our room, it was in a very safe location and was walking distance to the beach boardwalk. It was fabulous how close everything was and convinient to have taco bars, restaurants and grills right around the Inn. It was beautiful and the weather this month was perfect. Walking from the beachview inn, you could walk straight to the wharf and be there within a minute. It's nearly impossible to get lost. Defenitly take advantage of the fact its very close to the beach and besides, who wants to be inside all day long when you can be outside on the beach enjoying the sun! I had a great time and Beachview Inn is a fabulous place to stay and you get a lot for the price they offer.Even a free comlimentary breakfast, and Heather, The lady at the front desk was EXTREMELY helpful, and considering I was not from around the area, She informed me of all the great places I should visit near the Boardwalk. I had a great experience at the Beachview Inn, Santa Cruiz CA.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BreeCaligirl
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Yes, our room had an ocean view, and yes, we were in a convenient location. However, here is a huge list of the negatives about this lodging:
outdated and very worn furniture.
box spring had blood stains
indoor/outdoor carpet appeared unclean
curtains had small tears/holes
bed itself had springs that were "bulging"
exterior needs renovations
breakfast was minimal--cereal, pastry, oj, and coffee

Heather, the co-manager, was delightful and very helpful to us, which we appreciated greatly. She arranged for a quiet, top floor room for us due to our sleep problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vdoe
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Came in on a Friday to spend 2 nights here at this Hotel, It was very disappointing once we got to the hotel. The room smelled,the toilet upstairs overflowed the next morning and the managers said it was flooding into their room downstairs. Oops! Sorry!! not our fault!! Mopped it up, carpeting all soaked and it was OK but the room was small,the coke machine didn't work and the managers (the lady) was very friendly but the young guy her husband looked like he was stoned half the time there. Parking a little tight there,but felt safe as far as my car being there. Charged us over a $100 a night and worth about $50 a night at the most. Got a upstairs room so maybe could see ocean but really could not very well. The bedspread well do not sit on it and the sheets not so sure they were clean. The free breakfast has a lot to be desired for the rolls in the packages seemed stale. Just not a place I would stay again for the price. Will maybe stay across the street at the Seaway Inn,or treat ourselves to the Sea and Sand as I know that is a awesome place to stay as I have stayed there before and to hear the waves crashing all night long worth every penny!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We needed a room at the last minute, and were referred to the Beach View Inn by a friend. I called and spoke to Maggie on the phone a few hours before arriving. She was very sweet and friendly and went out of her way to take care of our requests, and gave us a great rate on our room. Upon arrival she was just as friendly in person as on the phone. Her husband also greeted us and recommended good eats in the area. We rented a 2 bed room for 1 night. The room was nice and open. There was a mini fridge and a microwave in the room, though no coffee maker. On the down side the beds were very hard, as were the beds in the room my friends stayed in. The view from the balconies was very nice. The walk from the hotel to the pier was very short! Fabulous location! We had a wonderful dinner overlooking the ocean and didn't have to worry about parking. In the morning there was a small assortment of pre-packaged pastries in the breakfast area, along with coffee, milk, and orange juice. Very minimal, to say the least. The coffee was decent, but I can hardly call the spread a continental breakfast. Maggie greeted us by name when she saw us, and we had a nice chat before checking out. She let us park in the lot for the day after we checked out, which saved us some bucks! All in all, the great customer service totally made up for what the hotel lacked in comfort and amenities. We would definitely go back and stay again. It's friendly, quaint, and in a great location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple