Ramada Limited Santa Cruz
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$188
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
US$338
US$266
  • Pool
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$243
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$254
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$130
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$265
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$332
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$179
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$140
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$190
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We stayed at the Ramada Inn the two last days of our three weeks visit to California. For all other hotels I checked with the tripadvisor before booking the hotel and were never dissappointed. But unfortunately I did not check this hotel.
The hotel looked nice at the web. We paid almost 140 dollars for the room for two adults and two children which I found too expensive given the standard of the facilities. The room was not clean, especially the chairs which looked extremely dirty. The bathroom was not clean. When we came to the breakfast table they were out of almost everythingl. I asked for some orange juice but they said the machine would be refilled the day after.
So I would not recommend this hotel at least not if you can not get a better price for the room.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldWideViking
Reviewed 21 June 2007

I travel quite a bit and am not fussy and I very rarely write a review but this is the worst experience I've ever had. Let me start by saying that I don't trust the owners, even though my room was prepaid, and I was only staying one night they REQUIRE you to fill out a form with all your personel information, name & address ok but they also COPY your LICENSE # and DATE OF BIRTH. Maybe I'm paranoid but in todays world for an $80 room this seems a bit much. This place is a dump!!! I really can't believe that Hotwire does business with them.

All I require for a nice stay is a clean room, comfortable bed, good water pressure, and safe enviroment. We got none of these! This hotel is below a one star, go anywhere else.

We had a couple YELLING all night below us, a couple of doors down people were pounding on the door going in & out and running away, . The smell inside the room was so horrible we woke up with headaches, that was with the windows open. The quality of the sheets and towels was horrible. The bathroom was so small you had to just about stand in the tub lean across the toilet to close the door. If it hadn't been late at night we were exhausted we would have just taken the loss and left. I felt very unsafe , I am used to traveling alone , working and traveling in cities but I actually barricaded the door.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank kipbabs
Reviewed 19 May 2007

We made our reservations online and the picture that was posted was very misleading. The pool looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks and it looked ike a duck had made the pool it's home. It even relieved itself poolside, which can't be very sanitary. The motel is either an older motel or a newer one that's rundown. It would be difficult to recommend staying at this motel for the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank LovestoTravelFresno
Reviewed 21 February 2007

I was quite disappointed in the "extensive Continental breakfast" advertised on their web-site. It claimed to have fresh fruit, waffles, etc. In reality the selection was poor - cold cereal, white bread only, watered down orange juice, a few apples, quartered muffins - that's right, not even whole muffins - prepackaged vending machine-type danishes, NO waffles, etc. I walked over to a diner for breakfast. The rooms were comfortable enough, although they were not very clean - table had glass/cup ring from previous guest, dusty, tub not clean (hair, bathtub ring - yuck). The new owners were pleasant enough but they have much work to do. I would not stay in this motel again.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 14 August 2006

I made reservations for two hotel rooms on Friday, July 14th by calling the 800# for Ramada Limited Reservations. Shortly after I made the reservations, I realized that I had made reservations for the wrong night, so I called the 800# back to cancel. I was told that it was too late to cancel as you can only cancel for refund if you do so within 4 business days. I was then advised to call the hotel directly as they may be able to cancel for me instead.

So I called the hotel directly and requested cancellation for refund. After being put on hold (long distance) for at least five minutes (while listening to a customer in the lobby complaining about the fact that she was given a room with only 1 bed when she had requested one with 2 and being told by the staff that her daughter could either sleep in the bed with her or that she would have to pay $25 for a rollaway bed), I finally spoke with an employee who identified himself as Robert. He informed me that he would be able to help me. When I gave him my name and reservation confirmation #, he informed me that my reservation had not yet come through to the hotel computer system from the 800# Ramada Reservation Center system. He stated that it usually takes at least 20 minutes. He then went on to say that he would take down my name, reservation #, and phone # and as soon as the reservation popped up on their computer system he would cancel the reservation. He promised to call me back if there were any problems in cancelling. As I did not hear back from him, I assumed that my cancellation was taken care of.

When I received my credit card bill for July, I realized that the cancellation was never processed. I called the hotel back on August 4th to dispute the charges. I spoke first with a woman named Yana and then with a man, Suresh Pattel, whom I assumed to be the hotel manager. I was informed that Robert no longer worked there and that since I did not have a cancellation #, the hotel would not reverse the charges. There was no apology offered me for being given false information from their hotel staff. There was no effort at all to try and make things right for me; only a pathetic, uncaring "too bad, you're out of luck" attitude. It was truly upsetting and very unsettling to be exposed to such poor business practices.

I realize now that it was naive of me to simply take someone's word instead of following up to ensure cancellation and receive a cancellation number, however, I would view the error Robert made to be the hotel's problem (employee training) and not mine and truly believe that I am entitled to receive a full refund. I am now working with my credit card company to follow up with Ramada Limited for reimbursement. Needless to say, it's been quite a nightmare dealing with this hotel!

2  Thank vandenviking