“wow!”

Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California
“wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

wow. beautiful hardwood floors, super cute, beach-y decor complete with framed prints of old santa cruz postcards, this place is amazing. the room is tiny and can barely fit the bed, but it is gorgeous and doesn't smell like a homeless person was sleeping here the night before, Great location because you're a 5 minute walk from downtown, perfect for after a night at the catalyst, and you're only a 10 minute walk from the beach! i wish i could live here, the room was so beautiful and the wi-fi is super-fast too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MckinleyAlvarez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Martinez, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

What a horrible experience. The only positive thing I have to say about this motel is that the rooms were very clean. Other than that, the entire stay was a disaster. From our room not being ready until over 2 hours after we were told, to the "heated pool" being dirty, cold and ACROSS THE STREET, and the "Spa" in the back corner of the parking lot, I am honestly surprised this motel is still operating. Upon trying to discuss my experience with the motel manager, she couldn't stop herself from telling me how terrible she has it there to listen to my issues as a customer. And good luck trying to speak with the owner, I was told by 2 different employees that they don't know her name, and only see her once every 2 weeks, to get paid. Poorly managed, horribly ran and pathetic excuse for a motel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank carrie g

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

just asking around in Santa Cruz, looking for a non expencive hotel/motel to stay for a weekend in the city, we found this hotel and was very very good. Big breakfast, very clean and comfortable rooms, free internet.
I told the hostess that i was going to positively review this place and I did it.
Ciao from Milan (Italy)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had a conference to attend and all the other places I checked were much more expensive than this one. The Inn isn't is as trendy of a place, but is still only a few miles from the coast. I didn't have any of the issues with my room that others wrote about. The jacuzzi is out back in the corner of a small lot, but I didn't use it. If there was a 'musty' smell, I didn't notice it as I like the windows open. I stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week for work, and although not a pricey brand, was fine for an 'inexpensive' nights stay. (I have seen a lot dirtier and in need to repair at the big name hotels.) The price I got out the door for a night was $75.20 and most other places I tried wanted over $100 for a room that night. Not in the budget for a 12 hour stay, so I picked the Continental and it was a pleasant stay.
I found the bathroom just fine and room itself was clean too. Laminate flooring replaced the dirty dark colored carpets you find at most chain hotels. There was a fridge & a microwave which was nice as I had leftovers with me. Included are some pix I took of my room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Trixie_Flygal
Saco, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

This hotel is disgusting. The pictures they showed us is completely different from the actual hotel room. We showed up at 3 p.m( check in time), our room wasn't ready until 5. The room smelled of musty air. The bed had a blood stain. It reminded me of a run down Motel 6. My child slept on a towel because she was afraid of getting dirty. The area is gross. We got cornered and chased by a hobo. The hot tub is in the middle of the parking lot.It's dirty too. The pool is across the street with the rest of the hotel. They also have a lot of cats running around. Lastly, we asked for our money back. The owner gave us half of our money back after crying. The owner literly cried giving us back half the money. I would stay away. I would recammend staying down the road at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Go to a differnt hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Megan M
meath
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

changed hotels last minute due to terrible reviews of another hotel so we were expecting this one to be much better, how wrong we were. The hotel is extremely noisy with loud banging stomping around over head, next door shower is like a drill through the wall and the neighbourhood is really rough.
Room is fair but small and view was of a wall. If you can avoid this place do so as we made the mistake of booking this place for 2 nights. Santa Cruz is very different from Monterey and other nice towns along the coast so it will come as quite a shock to the system the location, noise and crowd in this area

Room Tip: book anywhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slmeath
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I'm sitting in my motel room writing this as I felt I had to do this rite away. We r travelling from San Francisco to LA and had no idea where to stay but from the road we thought it looked really nice. Very pleasant man on the desk who was very helpful. We have an upstairs room with queen bed and lovely well equipped room including a fridge and microwave. There is free wifi and breakfast included in the rate. The breakfast was lovely there was cereal porridge toast waffles eggs yoghurt fruit and coffee tea and hit cocoa. Thus was good value all for $58. I'm not sure what the other people r talking about but I would differently stay again. If I had to b picky about anything there is a little bit of road noise in the morning if u have a unit close to the road

• Stayed May 2012