“Pizza the real Italian way”
Review of Tramonti

Tramonti
Ranked #38 of 373 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
san francisco
“Pizza the real Italian way”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

A casual and warm place where authentic is the way the pizza is served up. There is no delivery, but take out is easy and fast. Just don't go looking for a website with a menu. Know your pizza and they'll make it for you the way you like.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank mahadana

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizza in California”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently moved to Santa Cruz and I had dinner at Tramonti's quite a few times.
I love pizza and definitely this is the right place if you enjoy the traditional Italian pizza (such as marinara and margherita) and atmosphere. Great desserts as well (especially the tiramisu).
It is well priced, well portioned and it has been consistently good. Therefore I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who enjoys the good Italian food.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank federico c
Santa Cruz, California
“Best pizza in Santa Cruz and over the hill”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Went Friday night, my kids take gnocchi alla bava, me tramonti calzone and my wife pizza meo.......oh mamma mia....never eaten before some pizzas like these...in one word....AWESOME.....YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY....BEST PIZZA IN THE BAY AREA....the owner is Italian his name is Beppe very professional and attentive...thank you so much guys... keep it up

Santa Cruz, California
“Flavorful, good price, good parking, good service”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've been meaning to write a review, but waited until my second visit. Both times I went for lunch and had salad and pizza. I thought the food was fresh. The pizza is very authentic and if you've been to Italy, you'll know to expect think crust with flavorable sauce and toppings, but simple. I ate more than I should just because it tasted good. The salad, both times, was very fresh, and very big. I was shocked and happy that when I said I wanted ground pepper, they left it on the table because I like to be in control of my pepper and hate feeling like I'm working the server too hard. I saw some other pasta dishes that looked delicious and plentiful. Some people have noted the noise as a problem and I could see that it might be, but each time I arrived at off hours and my friends and I could chat easily without a lot of competing noise. Oh to top everything, the prices were very reasonable and the service was good enough the second time and excellent the first. I'll be back, but I'll try to avoid the noisy times. If the owner is reading this, please do something about the noise so I can come anytime.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“Ate here a week after a trip to Italy”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

After three weeks eating my way thru Italy I ate here and was pleasantly surprised by the pizza. I didnt think it would come close to what I ate over there, but was very good and was comparable to some I had on my trip. If your looking for dominos or pizza hut type pizza dont look here. My only suggestion would be to ease up on the salt. The salad I had was amazing - big enough to feed a family of four but I managed to down half of it on my own. I like the decor and openness of the place.

• Visited June 2013