“A GREAT LATE NIGHT EATERY DOWNTOWN”
Review of Saturn Cafe

Saturn Cafe
Ranked #14 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I love the Saturn cafe, even when it was on Mission Street before there present location, I like the verity of vegetarian cruise,Great Salads, sandwiches and they are known for there desserts, the mud pie my favorite..it has a old school fifties motif, the portions are Hugh and you can easily share.. open till 2a or so it is one of the only place you can get a good healthy meal in the wee hrs. the prices are Average but the food better then average, the wait people are friendly and helpful and I love the padded booths and they are always playing good music, I would recommend this place..you will not be disappointed and by all means save room for dessert..great milk shakes also...

1  Thank Ronne M
There are newer reviews for Saturn Cafe

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went here last weekend with a friend who went to UCSC with me in the late 80s, along with four kids in tow. Back then, Saturn was in a different location but the menu is still very similar, with desserts we remembered such as Chocolate Madness and Mudpies. Restrooms are still gender neutral with funny names. Ambiance is more clean and cutesy than in the old days, but a great place to get vegetarian food in a casual atmosphere. We did have to provide the feedback that the Chocolate Madness needs to be in a wide bowl, not a parfait glass, to eat it without spilling it all over the place, and they were gracious about it and brought us bowls. The "new" location is great -- walking distance to the beach and the mall.

2  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Went here with for sister who was in town and is vegan and gluten-free (what fun!). I hate vegetarian food that pretends to be something else, so I had waffles. They were great. Fluffy, did and did not taste like cardboard. Maple syrup was also decent. This place isn't the cleanest and the service is just ok, but everyone enjoyed their meals and the staff put up with my two children under 2 quite well.

1  Thank lecollye
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The restaurant has good food, both vegetarian fare and meat, including exotics like buffalo and venison. I enjoyed the service and the look of the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

The food is great and the decor is spacey at Saturn.
Having kids in our party, they we furnished coloring papers and crayons. One got the PB & J sandwich. It was a large half sandwich with apple on the side. The apple was not plain but fashioned into a bird with the wedges.
I had a sampler of appetizers; fries, onion rings, sweet potato fries and tajitos with two dipping sauces. Very tasty. Ordering a vanilla shake, I forgot that they serve the glass + the container it was made in with an extra portion.