“Not as good as the old location back in the day.”
Review of Saturn Cafe

Saturn Cafe
Ranked #9 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I lived in Santa Cruz in the 80's and used to go here a lot in the original location. The food was different, cheaper, and better back then. Now there are a lot of fake meat dishes and average salads. The Chocolate Madness, however, is as good as it ever was.

There are newer reviews for Saturn Cafe

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Being a vegetarian in Solano County has major disadvantages when you eat out. When we found the Saturn Cafe I was very excited! Once I opened the menu I was overwhelmed! I usually know what I want once I open a menu due to the limited selection. At the Saturn Cafe that was not the case! It took me forever to decide! I settled on Space Cowboy Burger. Super yummy! My niece said my eyes lit up and she wished she would have ordered it! It was me and 4 kids, ages 8-13. Everyone went home with a full belly and a happy smile!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had lunch here and came back the next day because it was just so incredibly good. The service was extremely friendly and the choice of food was excellent. We had a fantastic soup of the day on both occasions and also had a really good portobello burger; decent portions and all made from fresh, good ingredients. We gladly returned the lovely "thank you" drawn on our receipt by the kind staff.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is like a 50's café. Food is good. The Chocolate Madness is wonderful if you still have room after eating. Or you can go there just for dessert. We have been here and have come back later for just dessert, since we were full from our meal.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Huge portions, tons of options.Giving up cheese is difficult, so many vegans opt out of Mexican food,giving this place a special WAHOO in my mind. They use Daiya brand cheese and a couple of their own.All super fresh, endless options, loved it!