“Great choice for Santa Cruz”

Beach Street Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 20 July 2014

As previously mentioned the location is perfect with the wharf right in front of you and across the road. Outside the suites is a small deck with chairs where you can sit and enjoy the view and around the corner you'll find a cute little lunch spot 'The Picnic Basket' and not too far down the road the family-friendly and fun Boardwalk where you can pay for the theme park style rides and games as you go.
The room comes with a small kitchenette and has a beach theme. There are also wood floors which is sensible considering you will probably be coming in with sandy feet from the beach. The bathroom is decent sized with one of the largest showers I've seen in a hotel room and double heads either side if you and your partner want to save some time in the morning. We didn't use the pool, but we did make use of the firepit which is a nice way to end the evening. Overall a good stay with a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ReenyL

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a very nice place to stay we were only able to stay one night, mostly because of rates ($234 w/tax) but for the area wasn't bad. Didn't care for the steps required to get down to the beach (3 flights I think) I've had both knees replaced.

Room Tip: We chose not to have ocean view, but we actually could see the ocean from the room. We had a poolsid...
1  Thank traumaERrn
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Beach Street Inn and Suites sits at a perfect location. The Wharf or Pier is directly in front of you as you look out from the shared balcony. Walk down a flight or two of stairs and you are a short stroll to the SC Beach BoardWalk. Our room was on the second floor and was appointed with Beach Decor. Very quaint, clean and nothing over the top. Flatscreen was large and on the wall, there was a kitchen sink, microwave, and silverware in the drawer. Bathroom was very nice with a dual shower that was quite large.

My only complaint was I booked the reservation by phone and the night stay was a birthday gift from my Mother to my Wife. She booked with her credit card over the phone and when I went to Check Out the card had to be present and of course I didn't have my dear Mother's Credit Card on me. So I had to put it on my Amex. I wasn't going to make a big fuss about it but the receptionist lady was less than helpful with my problem. She did, however, ask her manager what she should do and I could hear through the very thin walls into the office their conversation about me. They made me feel like I was pulling a fast one or something. The Manager didn't even come out of the tiny Lobby's office to tell me to my face that I'd have to swipe a different card. Anyways. We enjoyed our stay in Santa Cruz and really liked the Thai restaurant right around the corner! The Board Walk was better than I remembered and we had fun all around. I will say that although this is a clean and one of the nicer hotels in Santa Cruz that it is over priced for what you get. Especially the customer service aspect of the place.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger bathroom as the new showers are nice!
1  Thank MikeandMeliss
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for the 4th of July holiday weekend. We had 4 rooms total for 3 nights each. We arrived at about noon and our rooms were not ready as of yet. But no big deal, we headed out to the wharf for lunch.

The rooms were ready only about an hour later. The rooms were very nice. The wood floors were a nice touch and the bathroom with the giant shower was great. I have to say that in the evenings it did get a little noisy with the holiday and all but when you are that close to the beach I guess it is expected. The beds were not very comfortable I had a hard time sleeping the first night we were there.

The staff was great. The fire pit and the bbq are a nice touch as well. My inlaws had a suite and boy that room was huge. The suite as a full size kitchen as well as a huge deck.

The location is nice. If you do want to go to downtown, its about a mile walk. We did do it and it was not too bad. But you do have the wharf and the boardwalk a stones throw away. I would for sure recommend it for families.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This suite was gorgeous. Within walking distance of the beach. The staff is super friendly. We will definitely return. There was plenty of room for all 5 of us. The kitchen area was great. There's even an outdoor grill!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our first stay at the Beach Street Inn and we couldn't have been more pleased! The staff was very friendly and accommodating and even allowed us to check in early to our room. The room itself was equipped with a kitchen sink, microwave, refrigerator, and even plates and silverware. If you are looking for a hotel in Santa Cruz, the Beach Street Inn is the place for you. It's located right across the street from the beach and just a 3 minute walk to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. The price was a bit more than we usually pay for a hotel, but the whole experience and location were worth it!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mojo727
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our favorite place to stay when we go to Santa Cruz with our family! We have stayed @ the Beach Street Inn three summers in a row & love it there. We love the poolside cabanas & the friendly beach feel of the property. My kids love the firepit for cooking s'mores at the end of the day! Great location walking distance to the pier and the boardwalk & friendly staff! Can't wait for next year!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank MythreeCs
terracecourt, Manager at Beach Street Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for such a great review! We are so glad that this is your favorite place to stay in Santa Cruz.

We look forward to seeing you next year!