“I like everything about this place.”
Review of La Mission Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Mission Restaurant
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Consistent, pleasant, clean. This is a wonderful family restaurant that serves a yummy affordable breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Reviewed 29 August 2008

My mother and I were looking for a Mexican food restaurant while visiting Santa Cruz. La Mission was located very close to our home, so we decided to have dinner there. My mother is 87 and requested a child's meal. They refused to let her order the child's plate even though they did not offer a senior meal or a senior discount on their menu. My mom ordered a taco with beans and rice, and I ordered a tostada and taco a la carte, both with shredded beef. The food was just a disappointment. The shredded beef was prepared in some type of sauce, and served in large chunks with fat attached, with a watery consistency that immediately soaked both my taco and tostada completely. The tacos were made of soft corn tortillas, which was never mentioned on the menu, so we were never given a choice of soft or crunchy.
We ate only a few bites of our meal, and I let the waitress know that we were dissatisfied. She never even offered to give a discount, nor ask us if we would like to try another dish. When the bill came, we had to pay full price for such a terrible meal. Taco Bell would have been a better choice that night!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 1 March 2008

Just gonna guess they have the address wrong, as the only La Mission is on mission across from Longs (next to Olive St) Good food reasonable price, a definite step-up from taqueria fare

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook