“Best I have had!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Oahu, Hawaii
“Best I have had!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Visiting from Oahu we have wonderful Brazilian cafes...Visiting family I have gone their a few times...and everytime I am not disappointed. Thier Acai' bowls are off the charts, The Rancheiros are delightful and just enough, the Breakfast Polenta is my all time fav, the polenta is the best. Service is always friendly and quick. When I visit my family this will always be on my list!!!

• Visited September 2013

“Faster than you would think”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My son and I were taking a tour at UC Santa Cruz (just up the street) and had less than an hour for lunch. The café already had a long line at 11:45 and I didn't think we would make it. However, despite the laid back appearance of this delightful café, the servers were friendly and fast. Their electronic ordering system got the kitchen going fast and we were out in plenty of time. The food was excellent, fresh and tasty with a Brazilian flare. The only drawback was the noise level inside. Close quarters and bad acoustics in the converted home. I can heartily recommend for individuals, couples or families. I felt the prices were reasonable. Lots of people around us had the fruit bowl and it looked very fresh and delicious.

• Visited August 2013
Hitchin, UK
“Where else for breakfast or brunch ???”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This gem is a favourite of our grand-daughter. It is a no-nonsense, great-food-cafe with a different zing to it. The decor is bazilian/central american, and the menu reflects bazillian tastes without the heavy meat, cf the churascaria which is mostly whar 'Brasil' means in the US food scene. We've not been to Brazil, but for us it had the feel of those carribean family cafes where the staff know what they are doing and are totally into it, and are appreciated for it by their customers/friends/locals/tourists. Just go, and explore the menu! PARKING: if there is no room at the cafe, try the street just to the north, or else in one of the malls opposite. Should be OK for breakfast...

• Visited June 2013
Van Nuys
“Bomb.com”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The people are awesome and even though its pretty expensive its totally worth it! Had some awesome soup-like dish that I def can't spell but waiting and paying up was totally worth it!

• Visited July 2013
Fresno, California, USA
“Small but worth the wait”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was in Santa Cruz for one day on business and my friend said I had to go here. So my husband and I stopped in for lunch. There was a short wait but the place was packed in tight. Despite the close quarters, the service was very good, the restaurant was clean and the food was pretty good. My friend suggested I get the Acai Bowl, but I opted for the junior size. It was pretty delicious! If you're in the mood for something a little different, then try to make your way to this place. Be prepared to wait if it's during a busy time of the day. But I found that it was worth the wait.

• Visited June 2013