“Great Syrian food made to order. Fast and casual environment.”
Review of Falafel House

Falafel House
Ranked #149 of 372 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Cruz, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Syrian food made to order. Fast and casual environment.”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I think some of these negative reviews are commenting on he wrong place. Falafel House downtown Santa Cruz (on Walnut) is fantastic food and always an enjoyable experience. The service and environment aren't fancy or elaborate but the food is fresh and delicious. I routinely come out of my way just to eat here. Definitely worth visiting, even if you have no other reason the head downtown.

Santa Cruz, California
“Solid Falafel's - what more do you want?”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent food at reasonable prices in downtown SC. I gem.

Visited July 2012
meridian
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My cousin and I stopped in, out of all the places along the board-walk, to this little shop. It looked perfect! Man were we wrong. My first clue should have been when I asked for ice and the lady said they don't have any. I asked "really?" She answered with a smug grin, yes really... Then I got it. It was because she had a cold cooler behind the counter, and those customers who chose "Free" water she was not going to make that experience a good one because I could have bought a cold one....
Then there was the food...Crunchy gross falafel that I wanted my cousin to try and the beef shawarma with soggy-squishy meat, and store bought pita.... Just a big let down all the way around, and my little cousin will probably never try it again...

• Visited July 2012