“Nice location, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Carousel Beach Inn

and 1 more site!
Carousel Beach Inn
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Ashland
“Nice location, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

our family of four had a nice visit (one night) to the Carousel Beach Inn. Very basic but upgraded cosmetically, and clean. Wi-Fi service was pretty weak, a downfall for my two teens, but overall we liked the bedding, clean and comfortable. And the location could not be any closer to the Boardwalk. also the price was attractive probably since they are still in the process of some renovation work..

Room Tip: We had a view of the Boardwalk, and partial ocean view. Great location for family.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RainAshland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My second time staying at this property - both times I've had amazing staff, excellent, clean rooms (this trip, even better with their new remodeling!)

And who could complain about the location - right across the street from the boardwalk! A bit overpriced but they truly deliver - I've left other motels in Santa Cruz to come here. Look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AlphaMaster
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here on my honeymoon while travelling the west coast,from the outside it dosnt look much and too be fair the rooms are basic but!!!! It's clean the staff are fantastic and your right across the road from the pier/amusement park and boardwalk.if you go for a short walk there are plenty of nice places too eat as well.This hotel does the job perfectly infact the look of the hotel adds to the atmosphere of Santa Cruz especially set night when the roller coaster is lit up and u can hear the screams of people on it!!! Top place too stay not expensive perfect location

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bigalb2013
APO, AE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I first arrived at the motel with my 4-year old daughter, my first thought was, "There is no way I am going to feel safe in this place." I went in with the idea of canceling my reservation and looking for somewhere else. I'm completely change my mind however, when I was greeted by an amazingly sweet and helpful young man working the front desk. We were given our room number (102) and I felt a little bit better about being behind a locked gate. The room was standard but sufficient for what we needed it for.

- Service: Excellent! The young man working the desk around 4pm on August 27 2013 was very sweet and helpful. I mentioned that we were headed straight down to the beach and he gave me a bag for me in case I needed an extra one to carry our stuff, which was a nice touch. He answered all my questions about tickets versus wristbands for the boardwalk and I felt like he actually cared that we enjoyed our stay.

- Value: Very good! A very reasonably priced hotel for the location.

- Sleep Quality: Very good! Our patio was on the street-side and we could hear some noise, but it wasn't terrible.

- Cleanliness: Very good! The room was clean, which is all I care about. It's a bit dated, but that was to be expected.

- Location: Excellent! Location, location, location! Being able to step out the hotel entry way and be right across the street from the entrance to the Boardwalk was AWESOME. I grew up going to the Boardwalk every summer and this was the first time I was able to take my daughter. Having the convenience of being able to easily get back to our room when she got tired was great! We were able to park our car in the hotel parking lot and walk everywhere very easily.

- Rooms: Average! It was a bit stuffy in our room. I didn't see an AC unit but they did have a fan. We really wanted to sleep with the patio sliding door open but the noise and my concerns for safety didn't allow for that. We didn't come here expecting the Ritz or anything so it met our (low) expectations.

If you're coming to the Boardwalk with the intention of being on the beach all day and on the Boardwalk and want quick and easy access, this is the hotel for you. That's exactly what we expected and exactly what we got.

Right now, there is active construction going on and construction hours are 0730 until 1630, so be aware of that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachel T
Hanford, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel is right across the street from the boardwalk!! It was great to be able to go back to hotel to get my sweatshirt and be back to the boardwalk in a couple minutes. As for the hotel, it's nothing to write home about but it's clean and we felt safe. There is also a breakfast offered. Parking is very limited, but you can park across the street for free if there is no more parking on hotel premises. If you park your car in hotel parking, you can keep it there until 1 pm the next day which was great because we went back to the boardwalk before we left!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tekkygirl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Location, location, location! This hotel is all about the location. It's right across the entrance to the Boardwalk. Close to the wharf and Beach Street. The condition of the building and rooms are a different story. During my stay the outside temperature was 80+ but inside the hotel always felt damp. The rooms need updating. The carpets, floors, and bathtub were dirty. The towels smelt after one use - I don't know why. We microwave oven in the room was very very old. The management should really think about replacing the microwave ovens. The breakfast: bagels, OJ (mixed with water), and muffins. And yes, they had tea and coffee available 24/7 in the breakfast room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ek_jajabor
Reuver, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

not a expensive hotel just in front of the boardwalk.
Even the pier and the towncenter are within a walking distance.
Don't expect luxury or anything fancy at this hotel.
Just a good hotel at a reasonable price, that's all there is to say.

• Stayed May 2013