2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$146
eDreamsUS$146
Agoda.comUS$146
StayForLong
Lol.travel
All reviews across the street great location continental breakfast scones room was clean fresh fruit the santa cruz boardwalk fridge and microwave parking lot would stay again a great place to stay balcony motel wharf proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Stayed here for a night with my husband. Everything with the rooms was pretty nice and having a small outdoor space was an added bonus. We were on the ground floor so we had a little patio instead of a balcony. The location really can't be beat for the price and there was plenty of parking too. The breakfast was good but really could have benefited from more protein because it was mostly muffins, bread, and fruit. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a place to explore the beach and boardwalk.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stayed here for two nights on our road trip from Hollywood to Yosemite. It was perfect for us with clean comfortable room, free breakfast and free parking. It has a great location, less than a minute to the boardwalk! It is also close to the pier, beach and all attractions. Downtown area is 15-30 mins walk away depending how fast you walk (15 mins for our long legs!) where there are loads of bars, restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Santa Cruz :) Thanks for a great stay!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I did not feel at home at all!! Which is the whole point of vacation, so my family and I were pleased about this. I like that there is no carpet! This gave the room a cleaner of feeling. Great location. We will stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shontay T
Reviewed 6 April 2017

What a great little Inn. The rooms are incredibly bright and cheerful. They feel very clean, and there are a lot of thoughtful touches added like little bags for sandy shoes, a broom to clean up the floor since there is no carpet, and good bathroom amenities in case you forgot something. The breakfast was limited but it was delicious and restocked often. The only reason we didn’t give it 5 stars is because there is no clock or coffee maker in the room. They offer coffee in the lobby all day, but I am a phene and need caffeine first thing in the morning

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SCBoardwalk, Manager at Carousel Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. While we don't provide coffee makers in the rooms, as you noted, fresh coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Lisa King
Director of Lodging Operations

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This was so much better than the Wyndam we stayed at in San Jose. The room was great! It was spacious, super clean, beds were comfortable and good coffee and tea 24/7. Did I mention fresh rolls and fruit in the morning to get a quick start on your day? Also everyone was so nice, we felt very welcome. We will definitely stay here again. If you have kids, the location across the street from a HUGE amusement park and beach is perfect. Actually it was perfect for us as well. Be sure to check when the park is open if you are travelling with kids. There were some disappointed kiddos when we were there in March when it is open only on the weekends. Lovely experience!

Room tip: Third floor will give you limited views of the ocean.
Date of stay: March 2017