“in walking distance of everything!”
Review of Bay Front Inn

Bay Front Inn
Ranked #41 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Family and friends occupied 5 rooms in the cute little funky seaside place!

We went to a popular club. Saw the show. Then collectively wandered down to the iconic SantaCruz Beach. After a night of partaking of the downtown and beach areas, a solid nights sleep was had by all.

Rave reviews for the showers! Pressure was great. Felt like the water was hotter than I could ever get at home. And the double handsets in the Family Suite! Awesome!

Room Tip: Don't order in! You will find great food everywhere and anywhere! Just start walking.....(parkin...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked online but when we arrived there was an additional parking fee and a resort fee. Expect to add at least $15 a day to the quoted price. The motel is otherwise acceptable and in a good location. The breakfast is okay if you like carbohydrates. Ocean Pacific, which is immediately next door, may be a better value as parking is included, they have a hot tub in addition to a pool, and also offer breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aardvarkvideo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

They have rooms available where you can leave your dogs during the day. The fact that the room was not carpeted is a huge plus for pet owners. Convenient location just off the main Boardwalk strip. The pool was warm enough for a morning swim and really take advantage of the Santa Cruz weather in January.

Room Tip: Room 118 is ideal for pet owner access and to roll out of bed for a quick swim in the morning.
1  Thank Tokhuah
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is solid '3 star' hotel with the potential of being a '4 star'

Book directly with the hotel for the best deals.

Booked directly with the hotel, paid 100$ a night for a pet friendly room that included 2 queen beds, a fridge, microwave, cable tv and free parking. The room would have been less expensive but as we had 2 dogs we paid the extra dog fee.

Dog friendly- extremely dog friendly.

Location - Walking distance to everything- the boardwalk, beach and downtown.

Amenities- free cable tv, organic toiletries, clean room, pool, free continental breakfast, free parking, in-room coffee maker, free wifi.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Cons:

My suggestion to management would be to move the cigarette receptacle/ash tray things away from the front doors of the non-smoking rooms. I had non-smoking room 118, great location directly across from the pool, but there was a cigarette butt receptacle thing right in front of the door and people hung outside our door smoking. That was a bit of a drag (no pun intended). One of the appliances (fridge/aircon?) in our room was very loud. Which was sometimes good because it provided white noise but other times bad, because I wanted to watch tv without turning it up so loud.

The walls were thin, but pretty standard. We heard the tv next door and whenever someone knocked on their door, but nothing else.

Room Tip: Rooms 117-119 are right in front of the pool.
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Our stay started with early check in not being available, but they compensated with a kate check out,nice. The guests above us wore boots, seemed like all night long! They have refurbished a bit since staying there before. Nice tv. The parking is horrible!! People parking were they shouldn't, making it difficult to impossible to get in and out. No one in the office seemed to take notice. We will stay again due to the convenience.....

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The past few years I have really begun to make Santa Cruz and Capitola one of my favorite vacationing spots. It is close and easy, and has much to offer. Santa Cruz beaches may not be the most wonderful, but the town of Santa Cruz offers much more than the surrounding areas. I couple years ago I stayed at the Bay Front Inn for the first time. I was price shopping and found it to be in a great location, and a great price for that location.. At the time they were just beginning their remodeling. The cost was amazing for the location! For what I was expecting, Bay Front was so much more.. I was expecting some junky inn, I think I paid $60 at the time... But it was very decent. Not the nicest.. Old rooms, old grounds.. Nice staff and nice location... I have since been there about 4 other times, each time they have remodeled something new.. I haven't been so happy with the "Alley" type rooms.. And have had a couple times where the room wasn't cleaned as well as other times.. Also one time I booked through a third party, not knowing I would be penalized for this.. I lost parking privileges for that.. And no where was I warned. Over all though, I love this spot. I love the location, and the renovations are definitely nice, even though the prices are reflecting them. I will continue to stay here and would recommend it to anyone. Also, took advantage of the breakfast last visit and they had a good selection! Cereals, pastries and a waffle maker!

Room Tip: I do not like the rooms that face the wall.. I call them alley rooms, cause it feels like you are st...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed just this past weekend I was attending a family gathering in town. Our check-in was hassle free. Our stay was pleasant, and have you should definitely check out the waffle maker. :-). Would definitely recommend them as they offered us awesome rates, by booking directly. And in addition to them being literally minutes from the Boardwalk and downtown, they offered us %15 off our next stay. Which will definitely be in order. Thank you !

Room Tip: Down stairs, so you don't have to lug crap up there in the cold.