“SANTA CRUZ BIRTHDAY”

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Lincoln,California
“SANTA CRUZ BIRTHDAY”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Pros: Josh at the front desk was fabulous. We booked a king bed 108 thinking the room would be bigger but it only had a bed. No drawers of any kind or desk. Josh gave us a TV tray and a chair to use our first night since the inn was booked. I felt this went above and beyond what anyone else would do. We moved the next day to a queen room 116. It was much better, Desk, drawers and much more renovated. The wood floors are great. We did not have a pet but pets are allowed. No odors from previous guests pets. I felt breakfast was good. Waffles, cereal, juice, fruit, yogurt, etc. Bed was very good, clean room.
Cons: there was only one desk chair and not a comfortable one. We took a pool chair in our room, it was actually more comfortable than the desk chair. The room was large enough to support a comfy big chair besides the desk chair. Would recommend management add to room.

Room Tip: Call hotel and ask if there are drawers, desks and how many comfy chairs in room. 116 Queen bed room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wylliel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is walking distance to the beach and boardwalk which was great. Also walking distance to the Santa Cruz Wharf. Clean rooms and friendly staff. The family suite was more than perfect for our family of six. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank recent v
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014

On July 10, I made a reservation and was told my room rate would t $104 per night for three nights the following week. I was assured the reservation was in place and had a confirmation number. When I checked in, they only had me down for one night. They were lovely about finding me a room for the three nights but charged me way above and beyond the quoted price. They refused to honor the quoted price. I asked to speak to the the desk manager, the manager, and the general manager. Nothing. I left messages at the desk, made phone calls. Nothing happened. They ignored me until I left. Follow up calls have been ignored.

I only wanted one thing. Please honor your quote to me. Very simple. Just talk to me, return my call, something that lets me know you care about your clients. Have stayed there many times, won't be there again. They had a new, obviously untrained staff who could only say "I don't know" and then general management didn't exist.

Another client was standing in the foyer at the same time. They had moved him from room to room, had no beds for his children, charged him more than what he was quoted. Watch out. They aren't honest and the kids working there are untrained. I am not mentioning names because these young people need their jobs. This is corporate mismanagement at its best. They just don't care.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank diane c

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The rooms had been remodeled and were fairly nice, but the staff went above and beyond. We were a bachelorette party and on our second day we were all hurting from a night downtown. After breakfast, we received a knock on the door and it was the front desk admin with a great hang over cure. The front desk guy with the shaggy brown hair was so friendly and helpful I could not imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank clenihan
california
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My son and girlfriend stayed there..upon returning to their room late that night, couldn't get in their room, went to the front desk & apparently, one of the clerks let someone into their room!!!! The stranger took my sons car keys!!! Fortunately the thief left his ID, so the police had that information. At 3:00 the police called and luckily found the criminal & he had my sons keys!!!

What hotel does that??? Gives a person access to someone else's room???

My advice stay away from this place!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank smurf25
SC
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed our first night on a week long CA trip. The hotel is close to everything, and if you want they will rent you a bike for free. Rooms were clean and had a micro and frig. I loved the laminate flooring. I always feel icky on the carpet floors. The price was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MaggieMaySc
Larkspur, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Santa Cruz hotels seem similar to NY hotels in that they seem to be expensive and small. With that in mind, Bay Front Inn has easy access to beach, Pacific Ave restaurants, and not too close to the grimy side of the Boardwalk area. Hotel relatively quiet at least when you run the fans all night you don't hear anything. The beds comfortable, the water hot and overall room clean. The young people working front desk very friendly. I almost can't stand the "free breakfasts" from any of these type of hotels anymore but kids seem to enjoy the waffles. What's nice is that adults can walk up Pacific and find numerous cafes for good coffee such as the outstanding Verve Coffeeshop.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family