“Not a Deli - a Lousy Sandwich Shop”
Review of Erik's Delicafe

Erik's Delicafe
Ranked #97 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 27 April 2013

When I asked for a reuben sandwich, I was told that they microwaved it. This is not the way! The corned beef was fatty. I was told I had to ask for lean (?). Not a place I will ever return. I gave it a couple tries because it is around the corner from my doctor.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Don't go to Erik's expecting a New York or Los Angeles or Chicago-style DELI sandwich. Their bread SUCKS...like Wonder bread variety. It doesn't hold up to a hot meat sandwich. If I knew I HAD to eat there I'd take my own bread...like delicious corn rye (Trader Joe's carries a traditional Jewish rye with body). I was insulted when I ordered a Rueben and my friend got a hot pastrami on RYE...but with no caraway seeds! Wrong! And the bread was so soggy the sandwich fell apart. I wish SOMEONE would open a REAL Deli in the Santa Cruz area.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

In the mood for a great sandwich? Try Erik's deli. Huge selection of sandwiches made while you wait and made to order. Salads and other items too. Take out or sit down.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Food is edible...sandwiches have names that purport to be both historical and funny.....but at least it's clean and quick on service. If McDonalds did healthy food....

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The menus eclectic, a little something for everyone. Showing the vegetarians love with great food. My carnivore husband enjoyed the turkey pesto as well. The atmosphere is charming in an old rustics way and the service is great.