“The Days Inn was OK. Not the type of place that I would...”
Review of Hotel Solares

Hotel Solares
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Days Inn was OK. Not the type of place that I would normally stay in but it was a last minute trip for my son's 7th birthday. It pretty decent and fairly clean and walking distance to the boardwalk. The staff was nice. The only thing that turned me off from ever wanting to stay there again is the fact that our rooms (I reseved two rooms for 6 people) were not stocked with wash clothes. I resevered rooms for 3 adults and 3 children. In one room there were 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and one wash cloth. The other room had 2 bath towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. Now, you do the math, because apparently they couldn't. They should have stocked the room with enough towels for the amount of people they were reserved for. We asked for towels as soon as we got there. They gave us 3 bath towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. The next morning, I called the front desk and asked for more towels. They said, we had to wait for the maid to come to our floor in about 30 minutes. Sooooo......we can't take showers and go about our day until they feel like giving us wash clothes!! I told them that was unacceptable because we have things to do. The lady onthe phone said, she would call me right back. So, 40 minutes later (no phone call), I went down stairs to ask for towels. I was told that they were being washed and would be done in about 30 mins.!!!!!!! So, I guess, we just had to reschedule our day around their laundry schedule!! After I stated how inconsiderate and unacceptable that was, I was given POOL towels for the kids and adults to wash with!! Well, another place scratched off my list of places to stay on my mini vacations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the staff, we apologize sincerely for not meeting your expectations during your stay. It is completely unacceptable to not have towels available for our guests. Unfortunatly we were short handed on housekeeping staff that week and were not able to have enough towels that morning.

Housekeeping has been notified as well as the Front Desk to have extra towels on hand for guests. We also have since ordered more towels to have back-up for these rare occasions in which we are short staffed.

We hope to see you again in the future if your travels take you back to Santa Cruz. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at SCBeachInn@yahoo.com .

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We had a king room, it was huge but the whole place needs renovation. The whole place has so much potential but needs a few upgrades and this place would be awesome! Big pool, hot tub, overall quiet place with families. Centrally located and walking distance to boardwalk, beach, and downtown!

• Stayed: October 2012
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your review of Days Inn & Suites Santa Cruz. Our maintenance team is constantly working to improve our property to make Days Inn & Suites the number one choice of travelers.

Hope to see you again here soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place is located in the middle of a neighborhood. Checking in was easy. The front desk clerk gave average customer service. Nothing special. The lobby is dated. It's laid out for the morning free breakfast. There's one elevator and three floors total. A murky waterfall in the middle of the terrace and a pool. Parking is pretty basic. The rooms are dated as well. There are little tiny white cheap plastic chairs on each balcony with a matching cheap table. The chairs allow you to sit and watch the parking lot if you so wish.

Overall, this place wasn't THE WORST EVER but for me....it definitely was not what I am used to. The room was only 150 bucks but even still I would expect something a little more modern and polished. Next time I visit beautiful Santa Cruz I will book something else.

BTW...there was a roach on the wall on the way OUT of the room. Off to do laundry now....smh

I hear Santa Cruz is not known for nice hotels so...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including ways to improve our services and standard.Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Again, we sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and we hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to Santa Cruz again soon.

Please email me at scbeachinn@yahoo.com if your travel brings you back to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel worked out perfectly. Clean and good quality, in a city with some not so great looking places to stay for about the same price. And it's relatively close to the beach. There were a few small stains on the chairs, but other than that, very nice. Made our trip very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your review of your stay here at Days Inn! We hope to see you again in the future.