Hotel Solares
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riverside Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Torch Lite Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Ocean Gate Inn(Santa Cruz)
Big 6 Motel(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desk staffmake your own wafflesfree breakfastroom was largecoffee makerheated pooldefinitely stay here againtubsboardwalkdowntownmaintenancewharf
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Days Inn was OK. Not the type of place that I would normally stay in but it was a last minute trip for my son's 7th birthday. It pretty decent and fairly clean and walking distance to the boardwalk. The staff was nice. The only thing that turned me off from ever wanting to stay there again is the fact that our rooms (I reseved two rooms for 6 people) were not stocked with wash clothes. I resevered rooms for 3 adults and 3 children. In one room there were 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and one wash cloth. The other room had 2 bath towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. Now, you do the math, because apparently they couldn't. They should have stocked the room with enough towels for the amount of people they were reserved for. We asked for towels as soon as we got there. They gave us 3 bath towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. The next morning, I called the front desk and asked for more towels. They said, we had to wait for the maid to come to our floor in about 30 minutes. Sooooo......we can't take showers and go about our day until they feel like giving us wash clothes!! I told them that was unacceptable because we have things to do. The lady onthe phone said, she would call me right back. So, 40 minutes later (no phone call), I went down stairs to ask for towels. I was told that they were being washed and would be done in about 30 mins.!!!!!!! So, I guess, we just had to reschedule our day around their laundry schedule!! After I stated how inconsiderate and unacceptable that was, I was given POOL towels for the kids and adults to wash with!! Well, another place scratched off my list of places to stay on my mini vacations.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the staff, we apologize sincerely for not meeting your expectations during your stay. It is completely unacceptable to not have towels available for our guests. Unfortunatly we were short handed on housekeeping staff that week and were not able to have enough towels that morning.

Housekeeping has been notified as well as the Front Desk to have extra towels on hand for guests. We also have since ordered more towels to have back-up for these rare occasions in which we are short staffed.

We hope to see you again in the future if your travels take you back to Santa Cruz. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at SCBeachInn@yahoo.com .

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We had a king room, it was huge but the whole place needs renovation. The whole place has so much potential but needs a few upgrades and this place would be awesome! Big pool, hot tub, overall quiet place with families. Centrally located and walking distance to boardwalk, beach, and downtown!

• Stayed: October 2012
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your review of Days Inn & Suites Santa Cruz. Our maintenance team is constantly working to improve our property to make Days Inn & Suites the number one choice of travelers.

Hope to see you again here soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013