“substandard experience”

Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Sacramento, California
“substandard experience”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed at a number of Days Inn throughout the country and this was far below their usual consistent standards. 1st room they gave me had a moldy smell, I was treated rudely when I asked to be move, the internet was jerry rigged in a bizarre way making service inconsistent. Noisy at all hours. At 70-80 a night i expect better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay and can promise you thats not to be the typical experience at our hotel.Regarding internet we had no complains from any other guest in the entire hotel and we also called our tech support to make sure everything was up running when we had first call from you ,its kind of frustrating because we never had any complains regarding internet but i do apologies about the bad connection.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to setup a VIP experience the next time you are in town.
Best Rgards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
La Center
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I thought your staff was rude and disrespectful. Your facility's are run down and overpriced....I won't stay there again and it leaves a bad feeling about Days Inn

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

It's frustrating and disappointing when a guest has an experience like this, especially when there's not an opportunity during their stay to make things better.
If you would like to speak directly to me please feel free to do so.

Best Regards

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Los Angeles, Chile
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I travel alot!! lets just say out of 365 days in a year im home about 12 days! when i go down to santa cruz i usually stay at the paradox and at the holiday inn, my reservation was lost at the hotel were i had booked, FORTUNATLY i found santa cruz days inn because most places where i stayed were sold out! i called in before i arrived they picked up quick and the receptionist Tania was very friendly, when i first walked i noiced the lobby was very nice and clean, Tania checked me in right away and listened to my story about loosing my reservation, she even offered to show me the rooms first. she took me to my room and helped me with my bags..the room was decent size,and clean. the tvs do need to be upgarded and was informed they should be here soon. had a nice quiet night, breakfast was alright baked goods, hot choc, coffee, juice, fruit, oatmeal, bagels ect.. im an egg and bacon typa girl. The man who worked the breakfast was a bit rude and pushy, was on his phone half the time. was glad to see Tania working in the am again, i extended another night and she even gave me a discount for staying again.was very pleased with that young lady.

Room Tip: defenetly get a second floor room or third floor room, was informed that the rooms on the first floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alexia w
Thank you for your great review. Its really exciting to have our valued guests take the time to write about their stay. Your comments make us all here at the Days Inn proud that we are doing something right.
Hope to see you again soon when your travel brings you back to santacruz.
NL
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Maybe it was because we arrived at night and it was dark, but we didn't feel relaxed. The room was at the end of a long hall and not on the streetside. The view was a parking lot with garbage containers.

The room was very big and not very welcoming. I think it had to do with the cold lights, musty carpet and a curtain that let in too much light.

The bed was clean but still we were itching during the night and didn't sleep well.

Breakfast was average, you didn't miss a thing if you wouldn't go eat something.

• Stayed October 2013
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate mixed feedback you gave us in your review.
We are already in process of remodeling all our rooms.
We do apologies any inconvienience that may have caused you.
We do hope you give us a second chance if your travel brings you back to santa cruz and i promise you will have great stay.
Please call me or email me if you have any question.Thanks once again.

DaysInn & Suites