“Ghetto?????” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Berkeley, California
“Ghetto?????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My husaband and I stayed before when it was called Santa Cruz Beach Inn in 2011. We stayed in room 320 during March. It was nice
Because it was my birthday,I wanted to stay again on the 6/25 - 27/14. Now its Days Inn. I just knew it would be better since its now a well known chain. NOT!!!!
Days Inn should had never reopened until the place was remodeled.

Only positive: Double-balcolny
Negative: Fogged scratched sliding door, hair in tub and sink, some type of dried fluid stain on balcolny floor, refridgerator smelled, no plastic laundry bag, shower curtain dirty, plug outlet no cover, witnessed man snort coke or crank from out of his car trunk, police circling around and through hotel grounds. I explained to manager name Ash until they revitalize inn I will not be coming back.

• Stayed June 2014
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with a refreshing guest room. we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further. You can contact me scbeachinn@yahoo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took the kids 2,4 &13yrs for my eldest son bday. We stayed at the days inn based in the location. It was about a minute car ride from the boardwalk. Upon arrival I was impressed with the exterior. I have never stayed at a days inn and to be honest I was not expecting much, however it looked really good. We checked in quickly and because they allow pets the hotel clerk advised it would be beet to stay on the second floor. (Guests with pets stay on the first floor I suppose) the noise was average, not too bad. The room was clean. For what we paid and the location, it was a good deal and I would stay there again. Also the pool was clean and not too packed. The kids had fun :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to provide you the comforts upon your request. We aim to make each guest experience a special one and we're honored that you were VERY happy with our services. We thank you for choosing us!
Carmichael, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff was totally indifferent to any requests; I got bedbug bites; the room was dirty with food items on the floor left by the previous guests; the phone didn't work and despite numerous requests for a working phone, it never happened; not enough towels; no screen on slider to open for fresh air; and numerous other problems. This hotel should be shut down. Our stay was a major disappointment for what was to be a treat for my grandchildren.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. On behalf of myself and staff we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve on our future guests stay. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms. It is a slow process since we have to do a few at a time due to occupancy. At our establishment we do not have any bed bugs. Each room is throughly inspected and cleaned we also have a pest control specialist that comes to service our property twice a month. We have never recieved any complaints about bed bug bites.You stayed in your room for multiple nights and if you would have brought it to our attention during your stay we would have investigated and assessed the situation We hope that someday we may be able to improve on your impression of Days Inn Santa Cruz. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a nice day.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Wickenburg, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We rolled into Santa Cruz without a reservation anywhere since we had bit been sure we would really spend the night here – even though I’d been planning to, and once there, we basically looked for the motel chain we usually stay at, but couldn’t find it … so we rolled knot the forecourt of the Days Inn, since it looked really good and it was within five minutes’’ walk from the Boardwalk and the beach – location perfect! It looked imposing from the road, large and new and shiny, very inviting. I couldn’t see any vacancy sign and went in to investigate. The lobby – which is also the breakfast area – looked upscale and inviting, and the staff at front desk were very welcoming and helpful, and five minutes later we were checked in. She had asked if we wanted downstairs, i.e. first floor, or an upper floor, and we opted for downstairs. The room was pleasantly furnished and featured all the usual amenities such as fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave, etc. The TV was a large, modern flat screen, and wifi was excellent. After our experience in Santa Monica it felt like the royal suite at the Ritz – not that I’ve ever even been near that, but anyway. Large room, two comfy queens, all spic-and-span - perfect luxury at a reasonable rate. The bathroom was almost as large as our previous room in Santa Monica … We were very happy campers indeed!
There’s a pool in the interior courtyard, but we didn’t use that. The beds were extremely comfortable and the place was totally quiet at night. The breakfast buffet was very well stocked with loads of choices, even including waffles you could make yourself. I can most highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple