“Close to Boardwalk” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
“Close to Boardwalk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Pleasant surprise. It is an attractive, modern building on a quiet residential street. Plenty of parking, including 3 covered spaces.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Houston, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My two children and I went to Santa Cruz to experience the Boardwalk which I remember from when I was a kid. I picked this hotel because it was within walking distance to the Boardwalk. It cost a ridiculous amount of money, but many of the less expensive hotels were sold out. Well, it wasn't worth the convenience of being close to the beach.It was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed! The rooms were dirty with hair still everywhere in the bathroom, and not just the kind from someone's head. The bed linens had holes, and we ended up using our travel pillows because I was afraid of even putting our heads down on the old pillows that were there. There were a total of two towels and one washcloth. There was a pile of dirty linens outside our door for two days. The lobby was dirty and had terrible furniture in the breakfast area. When we went to breakfast, the line for the one waffle maker was at least 30 people long and the only other items they only offered were Fruit Loops and powdered eggs. We went to Denny's instead. My kids voted this the worst hotel we've ever stayed at and I agree.

1 Thank LaurenHouston_TX
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback about the guest room you stayed in and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with its appearance. We apologize for the dirty linens outside your door.. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.Your comments are shared with housekeeping department to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Berkeley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My husaband and I stayed before when it was called Santa Cruz Beach Inn in 2011. We stayed in room 320 during March. It was nice
Because it was my birthday,I wanted to stay again on the 6/25 - 27/14. Now its Days Inn. I just knew it would be better since its now a well known chain. NOT!!!!
Days Inn should had never reopened until the place was remodeled.

Only positive: Double-balcolny
Negative: Fogged scratched sliding door, hair in tub and sink, some type of dried fluid stain on balcolny floor, refridgerator smelled, no plastic laundry bag, shower curtain dirty, plug outlet no cover, witnessed man snort coke or crank from out of his car trunk, police circling around and through hotel grounds. I explained to manager name Ash until they revitalize inn I will not be coming back.

• Stayed June 2014
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we are sorry we were not able to provide you with a refreshing guest room. we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further. You can contact me scbeachinn@yahoo.com
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took the kids 2,4 &13yrs for my eldest son bday. We stayed at the days inn based in the location. It was about a minute car ride from the boardwalk. Upon arrival I was impressed with the exterior. I have never stayed at a days inn and to be honest I was not expecting much, however it looked really good. We checked in quickly and because they allow pets the hotel clerk advised it would be beet to stay on the second floor. (Guests with pets stay on the first floor I suppose) the noise was average, not too bad. The room was clean. For what we paid and the location, it was a good deal and I would stay there again. Also the pool was clean and not too packed. The kids had fun :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to provide you the comforts upon your request. We aim to make each guest experience a special one and we're honored that you were VERY happy with our services. We thank you for choosing us!
Carmichael, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The staff was totally indifferent to any requests; I got bedbug bites; the room was dirty with food items on the floor left by the previous guests; the phone didn't work and despite numerous requests for a working phone, it never happened; not enough towels; no screen on slider to open for fresh air; and numerous other problems. This hotel should be shut down. Our stay was a major disappointment for what was to be a treat for my grandchildren.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ash V, General Manager at Hotel Solares, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. On behalf of myself and staff we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve on our future guests stay. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms. It is a slow process since we have to do a few at a time due to occupancy. At our establishment we do not have any bed bugs. Each room is throughly inspected and cleaned we also have a pest control specialist that comes to service our property twice a month. We have never recieved any complaints about bed bug bites.You stayed in your room for multiple nights and if you would have brought it to our attention during your stay we would have investigated and assessed the situation We hope that someday we may be able to improve on your impression of Days Inn Santa Cruz. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a nice day.