“Charming and friendly”

Ranked #2 of 15 Santa Cruz B&B and Inns
New York, New York
“Charming and friendly”
Reviewed 21 September 2006

We stayed 2 nights early September at Ocean Echo. Our cabin was spacious with wood paneling, a full kitchen, and a deck from which we could see and hear the ocean. Good heating system too. The beach is just down the road. The proprietors were helpful and friendly. Also, you can walk to a few places for coffee and/or lunch.

• Liked — sound of crashing waves
  • Tips/Secrets — cabin 5!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 May 2006

My wife and I always look for the funky, off the beaten path places. Our criteria are that it be comfortable, affordable, friendly, have good location, and have personality. Sometimes we are pleased, sometimes not. The Ocean Echo Inn was great. We stayed there 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, there could be improvements, but most of them were minor. We were wecomed, directed to the stores that we needed, given hints as to the things we wanted to do, and got one of the cats, Fatty Patty, who stayed in our room most of the time we were there. The location was good for both shopping and walking, and there were comfortable sitting areas outside for reading when we got back. We definitey recommend it, unless you are hung up on slick.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 6 October 2005

I thought that I had found a gem with the Ocean Echo. 4 weeks prior to arrival I had emailed the owners on availability for 1 night in October. They told me they had only 2 cottages rented and the rest were available. I chose one that looked appealing. 4 days prior to leaving for my trip they called and told me that my cottage was only available for a 2 night minimum, but they could accomodate me in another room (smaller, partial ocean view - yet really had to strain your head to see the ocean, etc.).

Since I knew that I wouldn't be able to find anything I conceeded to stay at the Ocean Echo. (I questioned why they took so long to realize the 2 night minimum and they informed me that the rest of the people were paying the summer rate while I was paying the winter rate (website stated summer rates until 9/30, I stayed on 10/01), but that they called other places around and only a few had 1 night stays available.)

The inn was near the beach, but was outdated. It did not have any convieniences in the room (hair dryer, iron, etc.), but had full kitchens. They gave me a parking spot however when I returned at 10 PM someone was in my spot. I was then awakened at 1 AM by a bunch of people who seemed to be returning from the beach (from room #16 you could hear everything).
I would not stay at this place again. It was overpriced for what you get, especially since Santa Cruz is a pretty run down area.

• Stayed October 2005