“My First B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Adobe on Green Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 February 2014

What a superb, romantic find practically downtown. Cute and clean, lots of garden greenery, darling rooms. Even the breakfast was cute! My first B&B and now I'm kind of hooked. Why would I ever stay in a plain hotel again?! Also the price is ideal, especially if you get the last minute deal;)

Room Tip: All pretty awesome
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This place is superb! The owners have taken care to set it up perfectly with directions and recommendations to local shops and restaurants which are walking distance walk away. We walked to a concert at the Civic Auditorium. Love the adobe house, furnishings, and ease of using this accommodation. Could not be happier that I found this property. Peaceful, tranquil gardens and outdoor seating. Homey romantic atmosphere in a beautiful old homes neighborhood in the main part of Santa Cruz. As someone else said, "I would love to live there".

Room Tip: We were very happy in the Retreat room. Very minimal street noise and good window shades to keep o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We are so happy to have found this thoughtful little oasis in downtown Santa Cruz. It was the perfect jumping off point for our explorations in downtown. It's just lovely, quiet, comfortable and such a rare find these days. Thank you Adobe!

Room Tip: We were in the Retreat room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was the first B&B I've ever stayed at, and it was a nice experience. I stayed over Christmas, and was happy that there was no overt Christmas stuff at the hotel as we are not Christian. There was also no bibles, book of Mormon, or other religious literature that I've found at other hotels.The breakfast was a nice touch, and it tasted great. Everything was vegetarian, and there was a vegan option too. It felt like we were at a private cafe or something cool. I stayed in the fireside room which had a tub with jets, a private entrance, and a gas fireplace. It's a nice walk to downtown through a very pretty neighborhood. A bit north of the hotel you can check out Santa Cruz Mission. I am also quite shy and liked how the owners didn't bother us at all.

While the room was the cleanest hotel room I've ever been in, the pillow had a stain on it. That's the only reason this isn't 5 stars. Next time I think the owners should check the sheets and pillow cases. There also should be an option of leaving a card on the bed or something if you want the sheets changed for the next day, like I've found in other hotels I've stayed at.

My tip, if you get the fireside room or the other rooms with a shower and a nice bath, is to get one of those bath bombs from lush. Take a shower, and then take a long soak in the tub using one of those bath bombs and other nice bathing stuffs. Since you enter the tub clean from the shower, you can have whomever is staying with you use the fragrant water in the tub next. It's such a nice way to relax after the long walk from the beach to the hotel.

Oh, and if anyone is looking for some type of anniversary or wedding night hotel... this is so it. So private and relaxing! I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaRayne12
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Adobe for one night as we drove from San Francisco to Santa Barbara, and both of us absolutely loved it! Everything was perfect. The room itself was so comfortable and cozy, as was the rest of the house. The owners make a concentrated effort to make you feel like you are in a little world of your own and it works. Aside from breakfast (which was delicious!), we barely heard or saw anyone else. The location was very central – we were able to walk to dinner as well as stroll the main street/downtown. There is also a great little book of tips put together by the owners – we used this to plan our stay in Santa Cruz; from dinner to a big long walk along the beach! My only regret is that we only stayed for one night - I wish we had more time in Santa Cruz and at the Adobe. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Quiet and honey. A place that makes me feel like I am at home. Downtown is minutes away by foot. Mission Santa Cruz fiscal block away. The beach is over a mile away so plan on driving there. I love this place.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mwbudd
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I don't think I've ever stayed at a place that lived up to all my expectations as this place did. It's a very person place where the good taste of the owners really shines through. Spotlessly clean, quiet, comfortable, and beautiful, this place is remarkable. Special mention is in order for what they don't do as much as for what they do. They don't have overly sweet and fattening breakfasts. They don't assume you want to spend all your time talking to them (you are left mercifully alone). They don't cute the place up with fringe and photos of their grand kids. I kept thinking Henry David Thoureau would feel comfortable here. And yes Anna M. The beds are queen size regardless of your uninformed rant. Thank you Adobe for finding my sweet spot.

Room Tip: The Lookout room is big and beautiful on the second floor. Very private.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends