“Super quiet, relaxing, peaceful B&B yet close to downtown Santa Cruz” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adobe on Green Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Adobe on Green Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Campbell, CA
“Super quiet, relaxing, peaceful B&B yet close to downtown Santa Cruz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the third summer that I've spent a weekend at this Santa Cruz B&B. Every visit is lovely and I hate to leave. The gardens are fabulous, breakfast is delicious, rooms are quiet and perfectly appointed, and it always seems like I've rented the whole house as a vacation rental. You probably won't see the innkeepers at all! But that's not a problem, as everything is provided. This place is so calming your blood pressure will probably be 20% lower while you're staying there!

I had only two minor issues this time. I love the water pressure and sprinkler head in the bathroom, but was playing that water cold, water hot game where you want to increase the heat when the water gets cold but if you do then it's too hot a few minutes later! I'm assuming someone was taking a shower at the same time as me.

The other problem was late at night we wanted to make up the sofabed in the Lookout Room and couldn't find any sheets. I found two blanket/spreads and ended up sleeping ON one and UNDER the other, but we looked everywhere for sheets and couldn't find them. It seemed too late to call. So just a heads up that if you plan to use the sofa bed you might mention it ahead of time or ask ahead of time where the bedding is.

It would be nice if there was a hot tub in the garden, but oh well. And rumor has it that at least one room has a spa tub (ours had a shower).

There is a computer downstairs you can use (though I couldn't find a place to insert my camera memory drive, to upload photos to Facebook), and I did have (free) wifi in my room, though for some reason I couldn't view streaming video.

The scones, fruit, apricot jam, at breakfast are so yummy I'm missing them already. And there's yogurt, granola, hard-boiled eggs, bagels, juice and more. But the scones are to die for! The breakfast nook is adorable and you can gaze out at the garden while you eat.

Although the street is residential, downtown Santa Cruz is only a few blocks away, with interesting shops and great restaurants. Though you will have an uphill climb on the way back! But if this old lady can do it, you can.

I always hate to recommend this place because when I want to go I don't want it full, so am only telling my *closest* friends about this wonderful place to stay in Santa Cruz! ;-)

Room Tip: The Lookout Room is the only room on the second floor so super private. And it has a separate entran...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We loved every bit of our stay here -- from the easy parking to the great location (easy walk to and from town), Lindor chocolates at the entry, lovely furnishings, spa tub, roomy room (Retreat Room), and connected computer. The surroundings were so peaceful. Although we never heard a sound anywhere in the inn -- which has a terrific, meandering layout, when we got up in the morning, breakfast was laid out -- a selection of yogurts, juices, pastries (fresh-baked delicious scones), granola, etc. We ate at a corner table that looked out at a hummingbird feeder, and watched the hummingbird come and go. I agree with the description, "oasis of calm." Just heavenly.

Room Tip: The Retreat Room was great -- 2 leather chairs in a separate area, a whirlpool tub, separate shower...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The last four trips we've made to Santa Cruz included a stay here. Solitude within the city. Quiet places to read with bubbling fountains and flocks of birds among the sprays of bright flowers. This time we were frequently visited by a large white and orange kitty who was quite the talker. What a lovely stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mwbudd
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were visiting my brother in Santa Cruz and rather than set up up at his home, he had arranged that we "stay at the house of a friend." Little did we know!! This is one truly warm, welcoming, and outstanding B&B. Fabulous part of town and meticulously maintained. We had a pervasive sense of calm and peace upon walking in the front door.

We highly recommend Adobe on the Green -- really a remarkable treat.

Bob and Jen

Room Tip: As my brother paid for the stay, I can't comment on costs. The room in which we stayed was huge...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert_Rubel
South Molton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Adobe on Green B&B. The property is full of lovely little touches e.g. free sodas in the fridge, DVDs, to watch (not that we had time to!), electronic candles in the lounge and a beautiful patio/garden to sit in. Breakfast was lovely (amazing blueberry scones - we don't have anything like that in the UK!) and the information in the room about what to do/where to go etc was really thorough and helpful. I would have loved to have stayed for longer.

Green Features: The hotel seemed highly aware of environmental issues.
2 Thank Bluebelle27
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I spent some time in this lovely old house on a recent visit to California.
There is little to add to what other guests have already said -quiet, beautiful, relaxed, lovely gardens, great rooms - some even with a fireplace.
The owners do not appear but are at the end of the phone if you require anything.
Breakfast is, as described, simple but perhaps a little variety - maybe different breads would be good, would be the only thing I feel could be improved.
Would not hesitate to recommend this unique place - you really will not be disappointed.

1 Thank DonHendersonScotland
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We visited the Adobe for the third time and find ourselves staying a bit longer each time. We continue to be amazed about how quiet, beautiful, and stylish it is. The rooms are unique, well-equipped, and just extremely welcoming. The gardens are a paradise of peace with beautiful flowers and birds. The breakfast is good, organic and fresh. The location could not be better; close to downtown SC, but in a quiet neighborhood. Without putting any more adverbs in here: the Adobe is simply the best B&B we've ever been to and we are very thankful for finding a place that perfectly fits our idea of a perfect holiday retreat.

Green Features: This B&B does everything green and organic. They prioritize in using green energy and actively recycle. Their plants are fed with their own compost. There is not an opportunity that the owners have not already used to stay green.