The B&B (like many) is a completely remodeled private home from the late 1800's. So, it has that feel of an old Victorian with wood floors, 3 flights of stairs and a dumbwaiter for your luggage! My wife and I stayed here last week, and we were VERY impressed by the amenities (for those that care- rooms come stock with some pretty high end soaps, body wash, and robe sets).
If possible, get one of the higher end suites facing the water. Its well worth the price using one of the online discounts. They come with a hot tub style bath and separate shower. The bathroom we had was done in a polished marble- very classy. The rooms also have a full wi-fi and cable connection, and a VERY comfy plush bed.
Breakfast was also top notch with a combination of cold cereals, french toast and quiche with some great dark roast coffee. Since I like to eat, I was pretty darn impressed.
Just one area of caution. Don't be tempted to go for the lowest end room (I think its the Little Beach Bungalow). We saw it driving in, and believe me, by cozy, it is about the size of a toolshed. Also, its behind (and not attached to) the main house. Not worth it for a getaway trip.
The hotel basically sits on a slightly inclined cliff road about 500 feet from the beach and the main pier, so you get a great view of pretty much all of the beach end of Santa Cruz. Also, being in the touristier area, its very close to the downtown core (Water Street, etc.) with all the restaurants and shopping.
Definite recommend in the shoulder seasons. Rates are probably better, and its not as packed. Generally, Santa Cruz isn't the warmest beach on earth so anytime is fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz