I've been to a lot of places around the United States, California espacially, but I have to say in all honesty that this place is the best that I've ever stayed. I was originally planning to take my girlfriend to the Santa Cruz area for valentines day and the plan was to stay at a really nice, romantic hotel. I had seen a few different places while searching the internet that caught my eye. Admittedly, I had tried to book a room at another close by hotel called the Seascape Resort or something of that nature, but was told that their rooms were all booked up for the weekend that I wanted. I had tried a few other hotels that night but got the same story, so I decided that the next morning I would try the West Cliff. When I first called I wa pleasntly surprised to find the man I talked to was bending over backwards to ensure that I chose their hotel/Bed & Breakfast to stay at that weekend. Moreover, when he told me the prices per night, I was shocked to learn that the room would costme less than half the price of my first choice hotel. So hearing this I decided to take one of their rooms for the weekend. When I got there I was not disappointed. The hotel sits uphill from the beach on the main part of Santa Cruz, and is literally across the street from the beach boardwalk and pier. Needless to say, the location was amazing. When we walked into the hotel, we were also surprised to see that the inside was every bit as beautiful as the outside. The entire hotel is comprised of 9 rooms, a dining room with a fireplace, and a lobby. The house itself is what looks to be an old victorian mansion, fixed up to keep its early 1900's charm. When we got to the room, it was everything and much much more than we could hope for. It had a flat screen TV with cable, queen size bed (which was the most comfortable bed i have ever stayed in while out of town), a fireplace, and view of the ocean and beach boardwalk. The decor of the room matched the style of the rest of the house too. Next we walked into the bathroom wich was completely jaw-dropping. It was completely made from marble and looked like something i would imagine Donald Trump wakes up to every morning. It had a Sauna/shower, and a large whirlpool jacuzzi, and came with two complementary robes. If you could imagine that joy and happiness were something tangable that you could drape over your body, that would be only half as comfortable as these robes. Of course, the service was exellent as well. All of the food is made in house at in a small kicchen next to the lobby, and is made fresh every day. In the morning there is a huge complementary breakfast buffet in the dining hall, or you can opt to have breakfast served, along with the morning paper, straight to your room for a romantic and private breakfast in bed. In the afternoon, they serve, also complimentary, evening hors d'ouvres and wine, which were exellent. For dinner, they dont serve it, but they can use their connections to book reservations at any restaurant in the nearby area, even last minute on Valentines Day, which i have to admit I am very impressed with. Not only do they go to extreme lenghts to provide their guests with all the free amenities that they possibly can, they are the most courteous, friendly hotle staff i have ever had the pleasure to meet. For the price, there is no possible way to get more for your money. Now everytime that i stay in Santa Cruz, this is the only place that I will stay. From start to finish, this hotel will surely provide an amazing experience, and I fully recommend it to absolutely everybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz