West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$143
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$319
US$266
  • Pool
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$148
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$92
QualityInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$115
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$116
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$202
Travelocity
All reviewsb bafternoon winedumb waiterwine and appetizerswine receptionbay windowgas fireplacebeach bungalowold victorianbreakfast was deliciouspublic areasfavorite roomhomemade cookiesdeluxe kingyour luggagespa roomthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2010

If your idea of staying at a boutique b&b on the northern California coast entails sleeping in a tiny shed out in the parking lot, then look no further. The West Cliff Inn has the perfect "cottage" for you! Needless to say, we feel completely mislead, and ripped off. The management should be ashamed. The room is literally a shed out back! It's stuffy, small, and very noisy. On top of that, while there is "parking available", there were no parking spots for us when we arrived to our room, and had to park in the handicap spot. Didn't sleep very well cos we were nervous about our car being towed in the morning.

To be fair, the main house however, looks very nice and charming. The breakfast was superb. The staff were friendly and easy-going. And the location is great if you're looking to spend time at the boardwalk. I'm willing to bet that staying in the main house is actually quite nice, but whoever had the bright idea of turning the shed out back into a "cottage" should perhaps revisit that idea, or charge considerably less and advertise it appropriately.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eattymac
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Service was great; people were so nice and helpful. Room 8 is fabulous - suite-like. Very comfortable and clean. No elevators; have to walk up stairs with luggage. Across the street from Boardwalk and 10-15 minute walk into town. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Wildcat92
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My husband and I stayed in room one for our anniversary. It was very nice and what we had hoped for until morning. We were woken up around 6AM by people moving about across the wood floors. Between 7 to 8 we could hear everyone preparing for breakfast. The garbage is picked up below the bedroom every Monday Morning.

All in all I would go back and but I would make sure to get an upper level room. The management was very nice. Everyone I spoke to was helpful and kind

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BTrish
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This was a wonderful elegant hotel - the decor was beautiful, clearly created by a talented interior designer, the staff were extremely attentive and helpful, and the room was extremely comfortable, spacious and quiet - we should have stayed longer !

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2010

My husband and I came up to pick up our son from UCSC. We have never stayed at an B&B, so when I saw this hotel I thought I would give it a try, especially how recently renovated it looked. Wow! We were very impressed with the 3rd floor (room 8) accommodations and the rest of the house. When I booked the third floor I was worried about the ventilation, but no worries they have a portable ac unit, which is useful during the day. Service was very good. Afternoon wine and cheese was nice! We ordered the breakfast sent to our room ( extra $5.00 a person) which was wonderful. Soda, water, coffee, tea, and cookies were available the entire stay. All and all, had a great time!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple