“Comedy of Errors”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eaton St
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The three of us ordered the Seafood Louis Salad.
Orders arrived Could not find any dressing. Located a small amount under the salad. Waiter agreed to bring us more. One tablespoon in small cups a piece.

Next missing item was the Crab. Waiter apologized and said chef forgot and he would bring some.
What arrived was a container each of chopped canned crab..Yuck. Waiter confirmed it was canned. This is a Restaurant on the water where crab fishermen unload their catch. Other diners were enjoying their fresh Dungeness crab plates. This is supposed to be a Fresh Seafood Restaurant.

We next asked if a basket of bread was included with with our meal. He said yes, but you have to ask for it. He said it would take some time because chef had to cook it. Indeed, The bread arrived as we were preparing to leave.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a party of six and the service was excellent. The fresh fish was great, the fish tacos were rather fishy. It's a noisy place, so don't go for quiet conversation. It has a fantastic harbor view and uses the harbor parking lost, so be prepared to pay for parking at an automated kiosk when you park.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

and their veggie-seafood take on the historic recipe is about the best I've found! Light and tasty Hollandaise and the eggs were perfect. One of the sides was a creamy polenta- Yum! - and a basket of beautiful warmed sourdough.

One of the reasons I keep returning to this place is the view. Atop the building, windows grace the entire room, offering cat-bird views of the harbor. You watch seafood vendors, sailors, paddle-craft and wildlife. As the day warms, staffers open rooftop hatches- sea breezes, just a little filtered. It's a great place to take your aging parents- well lit, tasty offers and a full bar.

The other reason I come back is the quality of the fish. Fresh, with most being local offerings. Mr. Excitement (my husband, who is picky & not a great adventurer) really LIKES this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband, two teen daughters and I ate here one evening this last weekend and really enjoyed the experience.

For appetizers we ordered the crabcakes (fresh, flavorful and succulent), the calamari (best I've had - truly), their wedge salad (my husband said the bleu cheese was fantastic) and gazpacho (dissappointingly bland).

We then proceeded to entrees. For their fish, you have a great selection of fresh catches of the day, then you select how you want it cooked (steamed, sauteed, baked, etc.), and then finally what you would like as your side dish (served Napoleon-style).

My husband, a non-fish eater, ordered a hamburger and had no complaints. I ordered seared scallops that were plump, perfectly pan seared and incredible! One daughter ordered the mahi mahi which was cooked beautifully and served simply. My other daughter had seared ahi with a mushroom Marsala that she said was awesome.

The service was friendly and laid-back, but expedient. No complaints.

Including three cocktails between us, we walked out of there for $166.50, including tip...and we got what we paid for!

1  Thank 3pt5woman
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I went to Johnny's Harborside for the first time for dinner (we've always done breakfast before and since the breakfast has been amazing, we wanted to try the dinner). All of the food was delicious (a bit rich but one can overlook that on Valentine's night!) and well-prepared. I had the Surf & Turf and the filet was melt-in-your-mouth tender. I would have "preferred" a small lobster tail to the crab which I had some trouble cracking (it was just messier than I'd have liked for a special occasion). The Spinach Salad was perfect and just enough--my husband had the same. I had a pasta and shrimp appetizer which I'd order again in a heartbeat--when I heard "squid-ink linguine," I was a little turned off by the name...but it was so yummy that it didn't matter that the linguine was so dark, it was almost black. (hence the name, Squid INK). The dessert I chose was chocolate cups with white and dark chocolate mouse and there was one of each -- the chocolate cup was thick and delicious (a little hard to eat, but trust me, it was worth it). The mousse was creamy, smooth, and perfect. The only dissapointment was their wine list--we hardly recognized the wines and very few were California wines which we prefer...the only ones were a very few local wines to that area and maybe one or two from Napa. Thankfully, we had a GREAT waiter (Dan A.) and he was able to steer us away from a wine we chose and into a comparably priced wine but much tastier. His service was excellent throughout the evening and we heard other tables commenting the same. The wine list also seems very over-priced for what is being offered. It was a little noisy that night but we'd overlook it for great food and service.