“Great seafood.”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had the seafood combination plate. I'm a sucker for fried fish and this dinner was a combination of lightly-fried (and plump) shrimp, white fish, and scallops. It was also accompanied with two types of broiled fish (salmon being one of them). We really enjoyed our visit.

The prices were a little on the high side but pretty-much like other restaurants on the Santa Cruz wharf.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had house salad and shrimp skewers. It is just as expected from a seafood restaurant on the wharf - fresh, very well cooked and delicious.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were wandering the pier so didn't check the reviews before trying this place...we should have. The restaurant is inviting and has a pretty generic seafood menu with an awesome location...should be at least ok right? Wrong: Though the views were great...the greasy food that seemed ok at best during the time we were eating made us ALL very queasy later in the evening even though we all at different items. The exception was my young sons chicken nuggets from the kids menu. This was very delicious and the best thing that any of us ordered including appetizers. The service was ok and nothing to complain about at all. Would NOT go back here again.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We should have paid better attention to the ratings on this restaurant, but I had been there before when it was under different management and wanted to give it a try. Big mistake! We waited 14 minutes for water after asking our waiter, the service staff and another waiter, what a joke. The house special bloody mary was not at all special, loaded with black pepper not much else but it did have a lovely garnish of grilled shrimp and various veggies. They should have just served the shrimp and kept the drink.. We had the steamed clams and oysters on the half shell. The oysters were fresh, but the clams were just mediocore. The entree of surf and turf was a joke, mystery fish with beef on a kabob, which no one mentioned, that had been over grilled. I had a shrimp salad that tasted bitter and when I mentioned it to the server, she had to have her manager come to our table to discuss this further with myself. I resented the attitude of the manager that I was wrong. How the hell was I wrong when it tasted like bitter char? Oh I forgot the customer is always wrong and doesn't deserve common courtesy and service although the customer is the reason the restaurant has any business. Don't bother wasting your money and your time, I definitely will never return, even if it changes ownership again.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Waited to be seated for at least 5 minutes for dinner, the restaurant was not full and employees just walked by, not acknowledging my dinner party. We finally were seated and placed our orders, our waiter had to asked to be asked for water refills and would not come by our table to check on our needs. I ordered a steak medium received it well done and could not find our server to explain my dilemma. Members in my party ordered different seafood selections and stated to food tasted ok, but was not as tasty as other restaurants we have dined at on the wharf. I can honestly say after my experience at Gilberts, I will not dine at the restaurant again.