“Okay”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly, Food was okay but "no wow". View ist nice especially during sundown, interior is more like a dinner.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We sat and enjoyed some great happy hour food and drinks. I love the coconut prawns and my husband loves their chowder. It was cool sitting in the upstairs bar watching whales pass bye. They also have a great "to go" counter outside which we grabbed some shrimp cocktail and took it back to the hotel for a snack! People think wharf tourist trap but, not here. Lots of locals hanging around which is always a good sign!

CHEERS!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We've patronized Stagnaro's for decades. Always dependable at about 3.5 stars until it wasn't. Advice: don't order the fish and chips.

Our recent visit brought gentle complaints forward from each diner, and a few compliments. First, the compliments: sand dabs were properly cooked; same for the grilled salmon. But the rest of stuff on the plate: meh. And the fish and chips were absolutely wrong -- soft, tasteless batter wrong, cooking time wrong (overdone), soggy chips (thick french fries sat too long, lost something). The chef should google for a new recipe for the fish or switch to a tempura-like batter. And cut the fries thinner, serve 'em fresh.

Last complaint: price creep. At some point sooner than later, folks will realize that fish is just too expensive.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been here with family and friends on several occasions. I like this place because of the view. Hubby and I sat upstairs. We got there around Happy Hour so we ordered the appetizers of crab cakes, shrimp, calamari and clam strips and some large salad for dinner. The Crab Cakes were okah, yet not fishy, so I know the crab meat was fresh. Calamari strips were good, but the clam strips were chewy.

Really the only reason I go here is the view...

1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Went to Stagnaros simply because we were very tired and it was within walking distance from the Dream Inn Hotel. The dining room was very busy with many families and - unfortunately - very loud, screaming kids. We asked to be moved to a quiet room and after 5 minutes there another family was seated there too (with very well behaved children!)..
I had the Cioppino which was nice...only good thing was that the seafood was very fresh
but average at most, simple salads, plastic ware and paper napkins.
Visit once then forget it....too touristy