“Delicious home cooking Sabieng style”

Sabieng Thai Cuisine
Ranked #77 of 389 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 November 2013

15 years ago I was a graduate student at UC Santa Cruz. Back then Sabieng opened its doors. To date, it remains an excellent Thai place in Santa Cruz. As graduate students, we would eat there with such regularity that when we got married, we decided to do the rehearsal dinner there. We were not disappointed then, we were not disappointed when we came back tonight after such a long time. The papaya salad was deliciously refreshing, the curries flavorful and the Pad Se Ew as amazing as I remembered it.

Sabieng is a small place with very reasonable prices and and excellent service. I would recommend them any time. It is simple, so do not expect anything fancy. However, since the fire a year ago they remodeled and it looks much better than before.

Thank you for bringing back so many fond memories. We will be back, for sure. And hopefully not in 15 years time.

1  Thank ElHuevonComelon

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Great food, great prices, great service; one of my two favorite restaurants in Santa Cruz (and I've lived here over forty years)!

1  Thank HVW
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Sabieng is always good and cheap lunch specials. The staff is friendly and the service is fast. Love the coconut milk soup.

1  Thank Old_Porsche_Guy
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Sabien has a lovely staff, with everyone working together and no one tripping over each other. They offer a great selection of lunch combos (one item for 6.50, two for 9) with a choice of white or brown rice ($1 extra). A lovely sweet/sour broth with lemongrass and veggies started us off, and the tofu in panang sauce was just the right amount of creamy. The ladies checked back on us without hovering, and we were complimented on our clean plates. Next time, I'll have the mango with sticky rice, and there are other options as well. There are several Thai places on this stretch of Route 1 in Santa Cruz, but I don't think I'll bother checking out the others.

1  Thank kcdenman
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Great fast friendly service
Happy atmosphere
Low prices
High standards
I've been going there for years; always great

1  Thank Daniel B