Pacific Inn Santa Cruz
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$167
Hilton.com
US$132
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$188
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$113
ComfortInn
West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$220
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$115
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
US$98
US$93
Travelocity
US$191
Travelocity
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$176
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I saw the reviews before I came. So i called the hotel to ask if they were aware of this and the manager told me that they had fixed all the problems. She sounded really sincere. But, The bad neighborhood, I'm suffering from it right now. Music blasting from a car parked for the last couple of hours outside our window. My worst nightmere when staying at a hotel-crazy people yelling and partying with no one stopping them. ugh... I just rolled up tissue paper for my ears and will double up on sleeping pills. Also, the wifi apparently works for the office, but not for us, so they were of no help when we said we couldn't even see the hotel come up on wifi spots when our smart phones looked for a hot spot. The new carpets that the manager told me would be installed by the time we were here, were not installed. Our room "the largest one" is right in the lobby and next to the stairs to the indoor pool, so we heard every screaming kid playing in the pool. Every shreik, laugh word splash, everything. Combined with the old dingy room itself and the music below me the money savings wasnt worth it.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hairflippin
pacinn, Manager at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you so much for submitting your feedback. It is important that we hear from our guest, about their stay. I do apologize for the noise during your stay. We are working with the management of the apartments next door to help us maintain a peaceful stay for our guest. We take your concerns very seriously and make every effort to keep noise at a minimum, and make sure to close the pool area at 10pm.
Unfortunately there was a delay in the installation of the carpet, but we are in the process of completing the install this week. We are also, painting the rooms and will be putting the new bedding etc as soon as the carpet is layed.
I do hope that you will visit again and see all the new improvements.
Philis Byrd, Mgr.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I could see from previous stays that there has been definite improvements made to the rooms. I also met a new manager. She was very helpful, informative and knew the area well. I would recommend this hotel to any traveler, especially those with children or pets. I really liked the enclosed pool and spa.

Room Tip: i stayed in the downstairs room and thoroughly enjoyed the extra privacy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 10 March 2013

After growing up in the Bay Area, attending UCSC and living in Santa Cruz for 5 years, I had never actually stayed in a hotel/motel/inn in Santa Cruz. Looking for a quick weekend getaway, we drove up on a Saturday night after choosing this place based on the thumbnail pic in their profile (the majestic Spanish-style architecture). While a lovely hotel in its own right, the location does leave something to be desired. The service and pleasantries (or lack thereof) leaves quite a bit to be desired. This will be our main reason for looking elsewhere on our next trip - drop the attitude; you work at a beach-side hotel, not a graveyard shift at a 7-11. Those of us vacationing aren't anticipating a [--] at the counter.

Highlights included the pool/spa (though someone did walk up to the window and stare in at us...kinda weird), and the deluxe room with the whirlpool tub. Cleanliness was a 3 out of 5, though the things that counted (sheets, bed, toilet, sink) were clean. The walls/ windows, eh. Breakfast included cereal, packaged danishes/ bagels, and coffee. I found a pack of oatmeal and sort of felt like I hit the lottery. :-)

I liked the overall vibe of the place, and met some pretty nice folks down at the pool. Hostel-type travelers, and it did feel a bit like staying at a swanky hostel (rather than a slightly down-trodden hotel). Knowing what I already knew about SC, you're not going to get killed in the area, but we did have some guests commenting to us about the frequency of sirens. I recommend the Howard Johnson or Dream Inn if you're looking for the quaint SC experience. There are also some nice B&B's on West Cliff.

Does the trick for area locals; if you're making the trip from afar, however, you might want to price up a bit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 8 March 2013

When an establishment is lucky enough to have a loyal customer, that customer should be valued and treated with respect. Apparently this is not a policy of Pacific Inn in Santa Cruz.

For over a decade we have chosen them to stay with. We are a quiet family and we spend $3-$4000 annually with them. We leave the room clean and are respectful of them. Way back 'when' they charged us a $100 deposit and even dropped that as they got to know us.

Now, all of a sudden, we are being asked for a $300 deposit. Yes, improvements are being made - new TVs, etc., that they don't want damaged. But they KNOW us. New policies should be applied to new people who are 'unknowns' to them. Nothing wrong with that.
We are 'knowns' to them, however, and I believe that our dealings with them should be grandfathered in. If they choose to not deal with us in the same respectful manner, SOMEONE ELSE WILL appreciate our business!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
pacinn, General Manager at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Loyal Customer,

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Philis Byrd, the new General Manager at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz.

I understand that you were not treated with the respect that was due you on your last visit. May I please apologize on behalf of the Inn for that.

I hope that you consider coming back to our hotel and rest assured we welcome you.

Please contact me personally at 831-425-3722 to discuss how we rebuild the bridge between us.

Philis Byrd

Reviewed 3 February 2013

If you're okay with homeless, drug using, disheveled, young men being in the room next door, than this is the lodging for you! We were kept awake by loud voices in the hallway, shady characters hanging around the parking lot and a general sense of unease as we watched men in their late teens coupled up and paying cash with older men for a room. I was in this hotel with my teenage daughter, we had come to cheek out the UC, and once we got into the room, we didn't dare venture out to use the pool or hot tub. This is not a family place at all. At 6 AM, we bolted out of bed as screams emanated from the parking lot. A woman and man were screaming, swearing and beating on each other. Apparently, he still owed her money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family