Pacific Inn Santa Cruz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)
Continental Inn(Santa Cruz)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solares(Santa Cruz)
Average 3/5
Torch Lite Inn(Santa Cruz)
Average 3/5
Ocean Gate Inn(Santa Cruz)
Very Good 4/5
Riverside Inn(Santa Cruz)
Average 3/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2009

The hotel is in a good location, it is very clean and the staff is pleasant. The hot tub and a small swimming pooll downstairs are great. THe only down side is that the sauna located next to the swimming pool has been broken for ages and they do not seem to intend to fix it. I would definitely recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Warm welcome, homemade breads in the morning, decent parking, clean rooms, good value for the money.
Comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I gave this 'Motel' an excellent rating. Overzealous reviewers and lodgers should consider what they are are reviewing, before providing good or bad opinions. First, in true Motel fashion, the place is on a main road, with easy parking on site. The rooms were perfectly clean. I have a habit of checking window sills, and not a speck. The well designed complex with pool in the middle, allows wind block and loads of natural light from top and one entire side of glass. The owner has a good continental breakfast with homemade corn muffins w/ honey, homemade breads and hard boiled eggs. I suppose if you have never traveled outside the states or the Marriott, you may yearn for your Sysco Foods frozen hashbrown breakfast. Basically, the place was great.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank agoodhost
Reviewed 27 March 2008

This hotel was cute from the outside, very clean, same on the inside...my kids had a great time in the pool and it is within 5 minutes of the boardwalk! The manager was so helpful and friendly and the breakfast was pretty great too. All in all, next time we are in town we will stay here!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank pjengel
Reviewed 4 November 2007

I was setting up a trip for several family members. We were going up for a long weekend to see other family members. I read the reviews for this place and it sounded very nice. Don't know what happened between then and now!! Well, how embarrassed was I when we got there???

The outside appearance of the place was creepy. Dark. Shabby. Dank. And very VERY creepy. The pool was just, well, I said it before - creepy. Like some "Two bit flop house".

I bet they won't let me make the travel plans any more.

It's in a not so nice area (actually a pretty bad area). I thought from the address it would be 3 blocks from the beach. It's not. Don't go outside alone at night.

The manager seemed nice enough.

The room was (can't help it) creepy. We could hear other members of our party talking in the room next to us. And people out in the courtyard. The bathroom gave me bad dreams. Very old and outdated. Not too clean.

The continental breakfast was mostly home made breads which were great, but not much of a meal. And they are served in the little tiny lobby area, so you have to scrunch in and scooch out and take the food back to your room.

Totally not worth the price. I would have rather stayed at the Motel 6 with no expectations and away from the beach that we couldn't even see. yuck

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jstmeannie
pacificinnsantacruz, Webmaster at Pacific Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel PURE Pacific Inn for your recent stay in our area.

I am glad that you found the manager to be nice. That is the impression we like to make upon our valued guests. I am also glad that you enjoyed the homemade breads.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. These reviews are a great help as we try to see to it that the standards which we have set for our establishment are being met.

Upon receiving your review the following actions were taken:

1) The housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which we expect of them in performing their duties.

2) The people in charge of the breakfasts were approached about the possibility of adding more variety to what they have to offer.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will choose to stay at the Hotel PURE Pacific Inn. I think that you will be greatly pleased.