“Family of 6”

Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Yuba City, California
“Family of 6”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed there this weekend, for 1 night. We had a 2 queen, with a sofa bed. Checkin was quick and front desk was very friendly and willing to help with any directions. The parking lot as I had read is a little tight for a full size SUV, but we survied. We had requested a room with little noise, as we are light sleepers and that was granted. Upon entering the room there was a light funny smell, but we checked in @ 1:30, so we assumed the room hadn't aired out from the prior guest. We quickly left to the boardwalk and returned after 8:00. The smell was still in the room, but we got use to it. Everything about the room was great We left the window open since we couldn't figure out how the ac worked. We could have called down to the front desk but we didn't bother. We choose to enjoy the fresh ocean air. We did call down for extra blankets and towles, they were there within 5 minutes. They were fresh and hot out of the dryer. Breakfast was the typical FREE breakfast with great selections. I will stay here again for sure, price was great and location is 4 minutes from the boardwalk. Thanks BEST WESTERN PLUS All Suites Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am sorry to hear about the smell in the room you experienced, and appreciate the feedback. I am glad you and your Family of 6 were able to enjoy our complimentary HOT breakfast! We look forward to seeing you next time your in town to enjoy some more of our refreshing ocean air!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel for one night to check out the Capitola Wine Festival and boardwalk in early September. This hotel is in the perfect spot, only about a mile away from the SantaCruz Beach Boardwalk and a few blocks from the downtown district. Our main goal was to stay at a comfortable, clean, hotel, and that's exactly what we got.

There is complimentary breakfast served until 10am, the usual toast, muffins, bacons, and eggs. If you want to book a room with a view of the city, you might want to request that ahead of time. Our room faced a brick wall, which we thought was quite funny, but as mentioned earlier, we were just looking for a central area hotel. This brick wall was not a deal breaker for us.

If you stay here, definitely check out the downtown area. We were surprised to find plenty of restaurants with entertainment, from pizza dough tossing waiters to jazz players. There's a wide variety of restaurants and unique shops to visit, so don't miss out:) Word of advice: Bring plenty of quarters for metered parking. That's basically everywhere, including the boardwalk, unless you want to pay $12 to park in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Bring plenty of change, especially quarters, for metered parking.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thanks so much for sharing your experience at our hotel and the local area! That is great advice to always bring change to park in metered parking instead of paying to park at the Boardwalk. Next time you are in town you should take a ride on the trolley which picks up passengers downtown and takes them to the Boardwalk for only $0.25 each way! It is quite the delightful experience and the pickup station downtown is just a little over a half a mile walk. Thanks again for the great tips on our wonderful hotel and city!
icork
Reviewed 12 September 2011

this hotel is very good. walking distance to town - super clean, lovely breakfast and a good price

Cant fault the hotel in any way to b honest and would stay here again

santa cruz was one of the nicest towns i have ever been to

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We were very happy with the hotel, it was "clean", nice, their breakfast was very, very good. Their employees were actually helpful and customer service oriented. Parking was well lit. We will definitely go back. Their location is very convenient and close to pharmacies, supermarkets, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Santa Cruz. We appreciate your feedback and review, and look forward to seeing you next time you’re in town. We are proud to have such wonderful staff members, and glad we were able to make your stay a memorable one!

Lacey Goldstein
Upland, California
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We ( mom , dad, grandma and a three year old) stayed here in a 2 bedroom room family suite over Labor Day weekend. We got a room up on the third floor. There are no doors to the bedrooms but there is enough separation between the rooms for privacy. There are two bathrooms with tub and shower. There is a small small sitting area with table. There is a small fridge, microwave, fireplace (we did not use this) and a nice sized living room with a sofa and 2 chairs. Very spacious.
There is plenty of space for the continental breakfast. They had the standard continental breakfast with cereal, yogurt, bread, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit, juice, milk, coffee as well as scrambled eggs and a meat every day (sausage, bacon) .
The main drawback is the parking garage. It is too cramped and the spots are too small unless you have a compact car. Many cars took up two spaces on purpose. This made it hard to find a spot for parking. They do "overflow" at night into a small parking lot next door, which we actually liked to park in since there was more space to maneuver. We did see one accident occur in the parking lot where a minvan was trying to back out and hit a post because there was not enough room to do maneuver out of the spaces well.
The staff was great though and helped us out with any information we wanted.
Also if you are a pastry fan, I do recommend The Buttery which is a few blocks away on Soquel. We went there for pie, but they had run out for the day (must be good).
We ended up with an almond pastry ring which was very good.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor 2 rm family suite. We had read on Tripadvisor to ask for these rooms - it was...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us and sharing your experience. Our two bedroom family suites truly are great rooms with lots of space, and the best option for families. I’m glad you also got to try out some of the local favorites, including The Buttery. I absolutely love their cake and pie! We hope you will come back and stay with us next time you are in the Santa Cruz area.

Lacey Goldstein
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I ended up cancelling my reservation with this hotel because I was so appalled by the service during the planning process! I was supposed to go for a wedding and would be traveling a long distance. The rates given each time I called varied greatly despite there being a 'wedding group rate' and when I asked if there was any better rate I was curtly told no (even though the AAA rate ended up being cheaper). Apparently this hotel charges your credit card 30 days prior to your arrival, however this is not communicated in any way - not on their website, not by their front desk staff, not in email communications. Finally there is a 7 day cancellation policy which again is not communicated in any fashion. When I called to inquire as to why my card had been charged a month in advance, I was told that I should have read the contract...even though I was never given a contract and didn't sign anything. The staff person went on to tell me that it was my responsibility to know all the details of the group arrangement. Um - that is actually NOT my responsibility given that I am a guest and not the planner. The staff has been rude and uninterested in providing actual help. If the quality of the service is this terrible before I even arrive, I can't even begin to imagine what the hotel would be like. I will be searching for a new place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lavidatravel
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I've never stayed at any BW,ever. I've always thought BW as "generic". But our first stay @ this Santa Cruz BW was like i said, impressive! My wife & i thought we should stay more often @ BWs in the future.

• Stayed April 2011