“Friendly service and a large comfortable room!!”

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently after having accidently showed up a week early for a reservation at a different hotel(woops!) We were greeted warmly by the front desk and informed that there was a king sized room available for $100. Our room was huge!! There was a small living room with a fireplace and comfy couch to watch TV or just chill on as you enter. The bedroom was adorned with a Cal King sized bed with super soft high quality sheets and lots of pillows along with a desk(free Wi-Fi) and entertainment center with TV and full cable. The bathroom was large and very comfortable - the tub had Jacuzzi jets!! Everything was clean and tasteful. My girlfriend and I were both in agreement that it was by far the nicest affordable room we had ever stayed in. We both enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast the next morning. The young lady who was in charge of keeping things together could not have been nicer. She went out of her way to help me put together a tray to bring my girlfriend who was resting in our room. Everyone who works here is super friendly and they really go the extra mile to make sure that you are 100% satisfied. If you looking for a place to stay in Santa Cruz and don't want to spend an arm and a leg stay here!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

I’m glad your confusion landed you at our hotel! We do have great rooms with TONS of space, and I am happy you got to experience it. Thanks so much for your kind words about our team, I will be sure to pass your comments on to them as well!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

For most people, the hotel is not within walking distance to the Boardwalk or Beach nor are there any view rooms, but it is easy to get to and centrally located. The clerk at check-in was very friendly and polite.

The rooms are centered in a square around an open courtyard which gives it a very open feel. My room was clean and all the amenities i would expect. The seating area has a loveseat and 2 chairs, but it isn't all that separate, it's not as one could sleep while others stayed up and talked, but it worked fine for me! Rooms were quiet.

Internet connection was great. There's a medium sized desk that one could spread out and work if needed. The bathtub - a lovely jacuzzi tub - didn't have a stopper. I don't know if that is just in my room or they really don't want people taking baths and using the water or even if the spa worked AND I didn't ask about it.

The breakfast area has a nice ambiance but the fabric on the chairs and the sofas near the fireplace are a little stained and dated.The attendants on each of the days I was there were super courteous, helpful, friendly and engaging. Waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon, fruit, cereals, breads, pastries, juices and coffee. Plenty to get your day started with.

I can't compare to other places as I haven't been, but for the price, it was a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed review, we appreciate your time. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, and staff. I am sorry your Jacuzzi tub was missing the stopper, and wish we could have made that right for you during your stay with us. We are replacing all of the breakfast furniture this year, we hope you will come visit us next time you are in town and check it out!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Just spent the weekend in Santa Cruz and enjoyed the Best Western Plus all suites Inn. Nice size rooms, very clean and comfortable. Great Staff. The location is very nice. We would definitely stay here again. Shirley

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. We hope you will choose us again if your travels ever bring you to the Santa Cruz area!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here in February when we went to the Clam Chowder cookoff at the Boardwalk. Unfortunately, it's not really close enough to walk to the Boardwalk, but it was close enough to walk over to downtown for shopping and dining. Decent motel with a decent breakfast. We were very comfortable in our room. Perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and the area on Trip Advisor. The Clam Chowder cook-off sure is a lot of fun! I enjoyed attending for the 1st time last year! We hope you will choose our hotel if your travels bring you back for this year’s festivities!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was given the option to book a cheaper room or an upgraded room for a higher price. Since I was planning a last minute romantic beach getaway I picked the higher price upgraded king suite. When I got to the hotel the first room they gave me was a standard TWO queen bed room. The man at the front desk explained to me "the online hotel booking website thinks because the hotel is called "ALL SUITES INN" all the rooms are suites, and they are NOT." So he gives me a standard king room second floor located in the dark corner (the light was out in hallway) I open the window to get some sunlight in the room, only to find A WALL. I felt like i was staying in a dungeon. For $140+ i would never stay in a room like this. I have stayed in Santa Cruz SO MANY times and have paid less for a better room. I only booked because of the website photos the price for the type of room it said i was getting. The website is very misleading. False advertising. When you go to a sporting event the ticket will list if something is obstructing your view. If i would have known the room I was booking was a standard room not a suite and had a window that opened to a brown dirty wall I would have NEVER booked it. This hotel should advertise "while we are called ALL Suites Inn not ALL our rooms are suites unless your willing to pay $280+" the front desk guy said "90% of our rooms have a view of a wall" I'm absolutely blown away by this establishment and its lack of honesty.

Room Tip: According to the staff here 90% of the rooms have a view of a wall. Unless your paying for a deluxe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant experience while staying with us, and would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Most of our rooms in the hotel do not have a view of a wall, and I apologize you were provided inaccurate information at the time of check-in. I appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and service to create a hotel our guests Love. Please feel free to contact me at any time via email at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com

Thanks,

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We choose this Best Western for a business trip. It's location in downtown Santa Cruz was perfect. The room size 'suite' is perfect for separating a work area from the sleeping area. The breakfast was good with many choices and a very helpful staff. The underground parking lot is a BIG plus in the downtown area as well. The negatives for business was the very slow (and dropping) internet connection. The other cons were: hotel needs some updating in decor and general maintenance. Our room had a leaking bath faucet and holes in the window screen. In this area, the value for the fee was excellent. We paid an average of $86.00 per night with an AARP discount in the month of September.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip to Santa Cruz. I am sorry you experienced some negatives during your stay with us, and I have reviewed these items with my entire team so problems like these do not continue in the future. Please feel free to contact me at any time at lgoldstein@bprproperties.com and we hope to see you next time your business travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is nicely done up and well located - close to downtown and the beach. Several restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast and WiFi are included. The suite was quite comfortable for our family - 2 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
LGoldstein95060, General Manager at Best Western Plus All Suites Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Santa Cruz and sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the Santa Cruz area.