“Huge hold of funds for this hotel!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The room was fine. However, I noticed an additional charge of about half of the total bill. Apparently, they place a one night's hold on funds. Even though I paid in full with my card. I had an additional $150.00 hold plus the regular charges for the room. I have never had a hold like this at any hotel I have ever stayed at. We checked out on Sunday, it's now Weds and the $150.00 pending transaction is still on my account! I don't think I will stay there again due to this. Very inconvenient!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheree G

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The staff sold our rooms, i can only assume to make an extra buck on the rates we had. We had confirmation numbers and were in the lobby to check in at 3:00pm and we were told they sold our rooms earlier that day. They were rude about it and reluctant to give the bosses contact info. The hotel is pretty much a dump to start, but to top that off with a lame staff makes this the top of the list of places not to stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Kdr537
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The room is very clean, and has everything we needed- microwave, fridge, safe. The bed is comfy and hard.staff was friendly.it was A bit expensive for a 2 stars motel but we would stay rhere again! :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

People looking for a new, modern place to stay should not stay here. But travelers looking for clean, value-priced, centrally located lodging should give it a try. Front desk/owner was very nice, let me check in early around 2pm. Room had large TV, nice refrigerator, and was clean. Like i said, it is an older property and the room was somewhat musty, but those who travel frequently understand what they are getting ahead of time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is not a hotel. It is a motel. Room was dated, smelled badly and you could hear all sorts of outside noises. Bathroom had cracked and wobbly tiles and sink grouting falling apart. Breakfast was in a teeny, tiny room and was pathetic. Overpriced and under-delivered. Seek accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank myreview818
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Arrived to hotel early, before check in. The front desk guy was very very nice and let me check in early. I had a 3rd floor room in the very back on the hotel. Perfect location, very quiet. Everything was perfect, I liked the large TV and the fridge and microwave. The only thing I had a problem with is I paid for a patio room and the patio was one level under my room and it was a common patio area. Not what I expected. That was my only complaint, so that's not too bad. Bed was clean and comfy. Short drive to the beach and boardwalk. Nice variety of breakfast items to pick from. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed for 6 nights, found the refrigerator and microwave helpful. Felt safe, was quiet on the 2nd floor. Had minor complaint (alarm next door going off with no one home), which was taken care of immediately. Brought my own breakfast, would not have been satisfied with the offerings. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable with a nice lightweight quilt, 4 pillows! All the windows open and 2 in the back are small, high for privacy, safety. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the middle to back section, rm 212, with 2 queen beds. There is a patio on the 2nd floor...