“Well worth it!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Quality Inn was comfortable and accommodating. Remodeled rooms are spacious and have the necessary amenities. Good location and price - was surprised to find a hotel for this price at at the last minute - would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here over the Xmas a New Years holiday. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location is perfect (centrally located and far enough back from Ocean St. that it was quiet) and rooms new. I felt like I was in a four star hotel and not a motel! I will most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I am happy to say that my stay was great. This was due to a clean updated room and the nicest, most helpful motel owner I've ever encountered. It goes to show you how caring helpful people can make a difference and set a tone for your entire vacation. Stay here and you will be very happy. New windows were recently installed and our bathroom was upgraded. Also close to good food options and walking distance to the town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were looking for a good reasonable place to stay in Santa Cruz.
We found the proprietors to be friendly and very accommodating.
Our room was very clean and comfortable with a good internet connection.
There is a good free breakfast in the morning.
The Hotel is within walking distance of the town center and the ocean.
We will definitely stay there again.
Jackie and Jim (Hawaii)

Room Tip: We liked the 2nd floor toward the rear of the property
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel for my family. Granted, this hotel is old, and a bit run down. However, our room was very clean. All of the carpets in the hotel were being professionally cleaned when we showed up. The waffle breakfast was very good. The owner, Mr. Patel, was very nice and asked us several times how our stay was going. He seemed to want to make everyone's stay a pleasant one. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Clean hotel with good fast internet and close enough to most of the attractions. The neighborhood it was in wasn't the nicest, but it wasn't bad either- just not at the beach or in the trendy areas. Breakfast was good and typical of a Quality Inn. For the price I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The room was fine. However, I noticed an additional charge of about half of the total bill. Apparently, they place a one night's hold on funds. Even though I paid in full with my card. I had an additional $150.00 hold plus the regular charges for the room. I have never had a hold like this at any hotel I have ever stayed at. We checked out on Sunday, it's now Weds and the $150.00 pending transaction is still on my account! I don't think I will stay there again due to this. Very inconvenient!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple