“great hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I have stayed at the Quality Inn many times, and it is an excellent hotel! the rooms are large and clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, it is in a great location, and a great value. I would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank travel_guy12345v
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 8 January 2010

This is my first time writing a review on any hotel. We have recently stayed at this Quality Inn. This hotel does not look like anything in the advertised pictures inside and outside. It looks like a couple owns this place and there is no other staff. The room is o.k. but the bathroom is very small. The breakfast area is also very small (a seating for two small tables). The continental breakfast is very limited. There are Muffins, cereals, nasty coffee, very diluted orange juice, broken waffle makers, and no milk for the kids. The worst part is the owners stand at the breakfast area and watch you like a hawk. If you get second servings, the owner will question you. We also got charged more than what was on the itemized receipt. Make sure you check your credit card statement and compare with your hotel receipt. I hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank billgate_ceo
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Santa Cruz. It's not the nice fancy hotel you would like but was affordable and better then the motel 6. They did have a continental breakfast but seemed like they were a little stingy on what was available. The bed was comfortable and the pillows weren't flat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband and I took a trip to Santa Cruz without the kids for some us time, and we had a blast, and the room was perfect, we paid under $100.00 (on a weekday) and unless I am spending more than one night, I am not interested in luxury, frills and thrills at the hotel I stay in, just clean and good customer service. This place is exactly that. We checked in after 10PM, easy check in. Great staff, helpful with recommendations, for eating, etc. would stay again! Great location, really close to the Mystery Spot, movie theater, hwy 17 and very short drive to the beach.We deciede to go back a couple weeks after and take the kids. Since it was a weekend the rates were a little more expensive, so we decided to stay at the Bay Front Inn, they were cheaper, and photos werent bad. boy was that a mistake! I would pay the 130.00 for a weekend night at Quality Inn anytime and I wish I had!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelingshaws
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We were on our way to Los Angeles and decided to spend a couple of nights in Santa Cruz and chose Quality Inn. This hotel had clean rooms and well equipped with amenities, friendly staff and a good location. The front desk was really helpful with the wi-fi connection. I had a problem with my wireless, so they offered me a cable for connection and it worked fine. They had a lot of parking space available. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank karnaSanFrancisco
Reviewed 13 August 2009

The room was not entirely clean, or at least the little hairs all over the bathroom made it seem a little sloppy. Plus, the Internet didn't work. Add to that old furniture and soft goods and it was a little disappointing overall. I haven't stayed in any other hotels in SC, but I bet you could find a better value.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cassiel_az
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Stayed at the Quality Inn for one night during UCSC Orientation. My daughter and I had only one problem with our stay, there was no hot water from the sink faucet! Luckily, the shower had hot water. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the TV selection fine. Since it was summer we ran the AC and it worked fine and kept the room at a perfect temperature.

Why I am giving this hotel 4 stars is that the location is great: it is an easy walking distance to downtown Santa Cruz, the hotel is right off the freeway and close by car to UCSC; and right across the street is Marianne's Ice Cream. As well, the staff were very nice and helpful. The free wireless was easy to access and the continental breakfast was just fine.

For the price and convenience the Quality Inn is a good choice for those who are in town for business and not vacation. I will most likely return when visiting my daughter for the weekend if the price is right.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business