Comfort Inn Santa Cruz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Best Western Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
National 9 Motel(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
The Islander Motel(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffleslarge bathroomcomfortable stayincluded breakfastwaffle makerdefinitely stay here againwalking distancebeds were comfortablegreat roomdowntown areapool and hot tubking bedone night stayfreewayparkingboardwalkcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Room wasn't very clean. I started off by cleaning the toilet seat and desk which was sticky. The headboard at the end of the bed also had grease spots where people had leaned against it. The furniture was old and worn with a hole in the armchair and the desk chair was covered in stains. After a 3 week tour of USA with different hotels every night this was our only disappointment. We had planned to stay 2 nights but left after 1. Staff were helpful but I would not stay there again,.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2009

This hotel is ok if your goal is only to have a bed at night. The non-smoking room we reserved smelled so much like like smoke and felt unclean. Continental Breakfast left much to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way from LA to San Francisco and we had fairly low expectations, which were met. Our room was clean and functional and when we requested extra bedding for our sofa bed it was brought to our room efficiently with an extra pillow and an extra towel as well.
The hotel was quite noisy and there was a party going on across the street but overall a good location for a quick stop. Only a two minute walk to the beach and boardwalk. Parking was free but limited and the parking lot was pretty small and tight. We did not stay for breakfast so I cannot comment on that although it was included in the price of the room.
Overall an overpriced motel but an acceptable, short visit - I would not stay for any longer than one night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We stay at hotels regularly in Santa Cruz, and I have narrowed down the best hotel in the county to this one, not only because the rooms and accomodations are lovely, but the price is that of a cheep motel where you would expect gross accomodations. The rooms here are immaculate, lovely, newer decor, everything smells great, the pillows are luxurious, the sheets are as soft as sheets get without spending $3000 a set, with thick, padded bed covers. Nothing is tacky, full of special touches. The continental breakfast is one of the best I've seen, lots of yummy choices. The employees are friendly and very helpful. The managers seem to be a lovely family, and always seem to available if need be.
AND the pool and jacuzzi! Don't get me started! You know how hotels say heated pool, and it never really is? (I'm a cold-water woos), well, there pool, besides also being extremely clean and well maintained, is always like a mild bath tub- actually warm, but not too warm.
And if you don't like getting stuck in the Ocean St. traffic to the beach, look at a map of Santa Cruz, there are many other routes, just as direct, especially from this hotels location (the base of Hwy. 1).
I know I sound like a cousin of the manager or something, but I am not, and what I say is true. I am so tired of nauseating, over-priced accomodations at slum-lordy hotels. This place is the best. I just hope my review doesn't bring in so much business that they raise their confusingly low rates. :) Have a nice time, people.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2009

We started staying at the Comfort Inn in Santa Cruz when my son started college there. It was easy to get to and the price was right. Over the years, we continued to stay there since we were familiar with the hotel and the owners. The owners have always tried their best to keep us satisfied and they have really done a wonderful job updating the hotel over the last few years.

• Stayed: April 2009