“worst experience ever....”

Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
LA
“worst experience ever....”
Reviewed 6 July 2008

i had been there directly....i was there bye watching the NAME - COMFORT INN and reputation of comfort inn all over in US.
it was the worst experience ever i have faced. Receptionist was so rude. There was nothing like room service. Parking slots is also worst. breakfast was also not much impressive.
i am sorry that i have to give minimum rating 1. o/w i would have given in -Ve.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Shm54

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
Liverpool
Reviewed 8 November 2007

Stopped of during our travels at Santa Cruz having not been able to book in advance at a hostel due to being fully booked. This was the first hotel we came to and looked good so we booked. Got a double bed each and it was good value. Comfortable, clean, and well air con was working fine. Walked the pleasant 10 minute walk to the boardwalk and the evening was spent on the main drag which is cool. Overall the hotel served a purpose and we were not unhappy.

• Liked — Location pretty good
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
las vegas
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Booked directly from the hotel website and from the reviews on trip advisor. Arrived late after spending the day in San Francisco.
Was greeted by a front office attendent who apprently lacked the ability to smile or evoke any degree attempting to be welcoming.
She looked up my reservation, had me fill out the registration slip, took my CC and gave me the room cards. All without smiling or saying not a word. When I asked her if there any restaurants close by or a market..She directed me a map and point down the street.
The room was clean, however somewhat small, but for 1 nites stay it was fine. The high point was the bed..was a nice firm pillow top mattress, very comfortable. Sheets were fresh and bed appeared to have been changed. As a matter of practice when I enter a room I immediately tear down the bed to check. They offer a continental breakfast,(fruit/belguin waffle-toast/juice/coffee
-tea).
My issue is not with room but with the management, if they could
take a bit more interest in their customers and service, this would be a really nice place to spend a day or so. On a scale of
1-10 (10 being best) this would rate a 4.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — office staff
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 8 August 2007

I can't actually say we stayed in our room, because there was absolutely no place to park our car - not in the tiny lot, and not on any nearby street! Unless, of course, I thought it was a good idea to give my car keys to the desk clerk to move the car out of the driveway when necessary. And when I declined to give the desk clerk my keys, and thus had no choice but to decline to register in our room, Expedia decided that I STILL owed them $250 for the room for that night!

And now Expedia has sicced a collection agency on us, trying to collect the $250 which I refuse to pay, since Comfort Inn did not meet their part of the implied contract - they, and Expedia - both show no-extra-charge "outside parking" as a hotel feature.

Don't assume that Expedia is on your side - and don't go to the Comfort Inn, Beach-Boardwalk Area, Santa Cruz, CA expecting to have a parking place. I suppose if you're "thumbing" that is not going to be a problem. Otherwise, THUMBS DOWN on both Comfort Inn and Expedia!

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — NO PARKING!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GLADSENIOR
Beautiful Northern California
Reviewed 30 June 2007

This hotel was a great place to stay for our family while my husband was at a conference in Capitola. The kids and I walked to the beach everyday and had fun on the Boardwalk. We were able to walk downtown and the surrounding area around the hotel was fine. Other reviewers said it was awful but we had no problems, everyone was super friendly and the hotel staff were great. We had awesome tacos at the many local taquerias in the area and overall I would probably stay here again as it was not too pricey considering this is a beach area in summer! Marini's on the boardwalk, the wharf and in the arcade area of the boardwalk has good coffee and yummy treats.

• Liked — close to beach and food for kids
  • Disliked — no terrace or patio area and the pool was SMALL
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cali
Reviewed 15 June 2007

LOVED this hotel. It's a short drive from the boardwalk..
The service was great. I loved that they had internet in the office so i could check my email. The service was great and the dude behind the counter (mark was his name...I think) was pretty friendly.

Stayed June 2007
Modesto, CA
Reviewed 27 September 2006

Avoid this place! I reserved a room a month in advance, and received a confirmation number. When I arrived at 4 pm, the manager explained that she had given my room away, because my credit card was refused. Even though the card worked fine, on the same day before and after she checked it, I understand that electronic glitches sometimes happen. What I do NOT understand is why they waited 30 days after confirming my reservation to check the card -- then were surprised that I was not at home when they called -- at checkin time! I was lucky to find a room in a fleabag far from the Boardwalk.

The manager told me that each Comfort Inn franchisee makes its own policies, so beware -- a confirmed reservation means NOTHING.

• Disliked — They canceled my reservation at the last minute.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't trust a confirmed reservation.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo