“Home-y and luxurious with amazing staff”

Chaminade Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Chaminade is one of my favorite places to get away. The staff are always friendly, patient, and kind. Everyone has repeatedly gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and taken care of. I cannot say enough great things about those staff everything is always "sure we can make that happen" attitude. Beautiful property and facilities and a terrific chef- everything on their menu is delicious.

• Stayed: January 2014
ChaminadeResort, Manager at Chaminade Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted to hear such wonderful comments about our staff, service and property. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I came here in January during the "off-season" but really had a great experience. I shared a 2 bedroom suite with my father and my daughter and couldn't have been more comfortable. I live in NJ but have family in Santa Cruz so i visit frequently. Combining the rooms, pool, restaurants and the staff, this was by far my favorite experience in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark P

Mark P. - thank you for you recent TripAdvisor review. We are glad that your "winter" getaway was all that you expected and hope your enjoyed our beautiful weather!. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

As a bride, you want everything to be perfect and thanks to Angela and Chaminade, everything was! We looked at many venues for our wedding but Chaminade made the most sense for us.
1. We held the rehearsal dinner on the Sunset Patio/Manresa Room and the weather was gorgeous (our east coast guests were jealous of CA). It allowed us the flexibility to have cocktails on the patio but have a warm spot inside to eat and have toasts. The menus were flexible so we were able to adapt our taste buds with a combo of a few different menus. Plus, our guests were able to continue the party in the bar and then walk back to their room. Win-win
2. The reception was great! I had LOTS of "extras" (pictures hung in hallway and bathrooms, cookie table with pictures,etc) that needed to be set up and Angela didn't even blink an eye. The room looked great (ordered lights from Eventscapes) and the food/wine was delicious. We had 2 chefs as guests at our wedding so we were a little nervous but the steak/lobster did not disappoint (along with the other meals too). At the end of the night, they put everything in one spot so we could gather it the next morning - made our lives so easy.
3. Angela will be your savior! She was quick to respond to all my emails/calls and put my mind at ease at every step. She actually made planning fun! She gave suggestions but never pushed and definitely did not take over at all. Tastings were set up and presented so professionally.
4. The venue: the view is spectacular but the peace of mind of having your guests able to walk back to their rooms was the best. The staff was helpful and accommodating for my guests and for me.
5. The gal that coordinated my hotel rooms was less than helpful but left Chaminade 3 weeks prior to the event so that negates my only negative feedback.
I highly recommend Chaminade!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ChaminadeResort, Manager at Chaminade Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Congratulations to the bride and groom! Delighted to hear such wonderful comments regarding our veteran wedding coordinator, Angela and so glad that she remained your guiding light through it all.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work event 3 years ago and enjoyed it. We stayed here this weekend and it was fantastic. Swimming outdoors in December? Amaze balls. I got a great deal on Priceline.
I would be upset if I paid full price for this hotel.
The rooms were nice but I get what people were saying there were just a few off things but they don't really matter. I did have a spa service that was lackluster but that's my own fault. I'm a picky massagee. I should just stick to non-spa massages. The location is beautiful and the waitstaff was absolutely fantastic.
The front desk and some other workers are college students which I think is great and funny.

The only minus parts are that I thought breakfast was included and the person who booked my spa service was not the best.

Overall, the stay was great and very family friendly. My daughter and I slept over 12 hours! So peaceful and quiet

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your recent review! It's great to hear feedback from our guests and that you enjoyed your stay so much by sleeping 12 full hours....now that's relaxing! Hope you are able to visit us again and try our signature facial.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I spent 5 days in Chaminade for a company training program. Physically the hotel is dated and getting rather worn. The location and view of Monterrey Bay/Pacific Ocean are stupendous.

From a layout standpoint, the hotel is a sprawling collection of two story, 8-10 room structures (4-5 rooms per floor) spread out through a small redwood forest on the slopes of the Santa Cruz mountains above the city of Santa Cruz.

My room was generously sized although the bathroom was a bit cramped. There was definitely a bit of a musty odor to the place although a few nights of sleeping with the window open seemed to have solved that. Sheets, towels and so on were clean. The shower was obviously in need of a good grout replacement. We had a hot water outage one morning.

Meals in the dining area were buffet style but reasonably well implemented. The bar was a pleasant place to spend an evening with older but nice warm wood tones.

Overall, it was an ok place with someone else paying but I wouldn't recommend that you seek it out. It's actually a bit of a shame that the owners haven't done more with the place because the location is first rate.

Room Tip: Given the sprawling layout, it really depends on whether you want to eat in the resort or go down in...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great place! Beds were so soft and comfortable. Food was awesome-unique and well presented.We used the pool and hot tub-clean, perfect temperatures and lots of soft, fluffy towels poolside. Staff is great-always available and knew the area well. Great value! We used a Living Social deal and it paid for dinner, breakfast (cook to order and very fresh), drinks and the room. We could see the ocean from our dinner table. Quiet and secluded.

Room Tip: We chose a forest view, away from the pool and road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fabulous review of our resort. We pride ourselves on our four diamond service as well as offering a plethora of amenities at your fingertips. Please come back to visit us and stay tuned for more great deals and special offers on our website.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

What a wonderful place to relax, enjoy, and celebrate. The Chaminade is a short drive up the hill, and a world away from all the hustle and bustle. There, I enjoyed drinks with a sunset view, walks in the redwood forest, and relaxing hours poolside or in the spa.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

We are delighted to hear such fabulous comments! Hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Cruz
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Capitola Hotel
Capitola Hotel
#2 of 4 in Capitola

Been to Chaminade Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!