“Best apple fritter of my life” 5 of 5 bubbles

Original Ferrell's Donuts
Ranked #12 of 13 Bakeries in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Fast food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best apple fritter of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I don't care if you have been on a diet for 20 years, YOU MUST COME HERE! I stopped eating donuts a year ago (unhealthy) and went inside with my nephew just so he could buy one donut. Ha! I challenge you to walk into Ferrell's and not buy a single donut. You will probably walk out with 3 or 5 or 12. They are that good! You will slowly wander from glass case to glass case, counting on your fingers how many you will point to when the girl asks, "May I help you?" Every single donut looks better than the last. It doesn't matter if it is a type you don't usually care for. They are all huge, thick, glazed, frosted, or indented with pools of icing, looking as if they were made minutes before we walked in the door. We bought 8 different kinds of donuts and walked out with glazed eyes. We sat in the car eating donuts as we couldn't wait to get back to the hotel. The apple fritter was the single best donut of my entire life. If I lived in Santa Cruz, I'd be in trouble. Do not miss this place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Fair Oaks, California
“Donuts AND ice cream 24/7? Must be a college town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Rolled in at 10:30 am, about 25 types of donuts available as well as croissants, bear claws AND 12 types of home made ice cream. Tables are bare, but service is quick and kind.

Visited April 2012
El Cajon, California
“Another good donut place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

Another local treasure.

Good donuts, good selection. Coffee not too bad either.

I ordered a plain croissant. Very good.
Daughter ordered ham & cheese croissant.
Grandma ordered a bagel with cream cheese.

All warmed up to our delight.

Typical donut shop atmosphere, but a nice roomy place to hang. Open 24 hours. My daughter mentioned the late night person is kinda grumpy (who wouldn't be at those hours), but a few friendly exchanges and he loosened up.