“Still great food! But lots of noise from the bar.”
Review of Bocci's Cellar

Bocci's Cellar
Ranked #285 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Three of us went to dinner here last friday night, arrived around 7:30, just one table was occupied in the dining area and the bar was full of folks well on their way to a good time.
We were invited to sit anywhere we wanted. After finishing off a round of Long Island Iced teas we ordered dinner. One Chicken Picatta (reported to be very good), one plate of 3-Skirt Steak Sliders (reported to also be very good but had a thick slab of fat on one side of each small piece of meat that had to be removed), and mine- Spagetti & Meatballs which was excellent.
Unfortunately for us, there was a big party outside in the Bocci Court area so we couldn't play. Although it really didn't bother us, the dining area is open to the bar area and the partying patrons'colorful language was loud and clear. At the one other occupied dining table was a family of four with two small girls. Had that been me with kids, with all the cussing and going's on, we would have immediatly split. I wouldn't recomend dinner on a Friday night for a family friendly dinner. Too bad too because the food is great. Last note: the servers were friendly, accomodating and did an awesome job.

2  Thank Danny_OI812
There are newer reviews for Bocci's Cellar

Reviewed 17 December 2008

This is the place to be on Sunday afternoon. The Santa Cruz Jazz Society holds a jazz jam session for 4 hours on Sunday and the establishment has an extremely affordable lunch available. I've looked around Santa Cruz and there is no other place one can hear this many fine musicians in an afternoon.

I was visiting from Utah when I first discovered this place and anytime I can get back to Santa Cruz on a Sunday this is where I go. For me, this is not a place to go just to eat, but a place where there are friendly people and a great experience.

1  Thank trippinUtah
Reviewed 6 July 2008

The waitress steered me away from the penne and told me the spaghetti was better. It's the only time I've been in a restaurant yearning for Franco American in the can...

I don't know about the other food, but this was awful.

1  Thank MrYummy
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Good place to get blasted on wine with elderly Italian men......They have the only Bocci Ball court in Santa Cruz......

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook