“Bright spot on this vacation.”

Las Palmas Taco Bar
Ranked #70 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Mexican
Atascadero, California
“Bright spot on this vacation.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were visiting Santa Cruz for the first time in forty years and stumbled upon this throw back to our college years of the best Mexican places ever! It did not disappoint and in fact we had to go back again the next day after taking the West Cliff Walk for more. The chili relleno reminded me of why I used to love them but have never tasted one that brought back all the great memories of eating them in San Diego growing up. This was exactly the flavor of my memories. Planning on taking them back home as I know I will regret if if I don't. LOVED this funky little place and staff so friendly!!!!

• Visited July 2014

Portland, Maine
“Roadside Taco Joint, with great food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place was a great surprise. We were just looking for a local place to eat lunch, preferably Mexican, and stopped here. The food was excellent, inexpensive and we couldn't stop talking about how good it was. The menu is big enough to probably serve what you're looking for (if it's Mexican food) the prices can't be beat, and it has zero ambiance. Who cares though. The food was great, portions were big, but not wasteful, and we were very happy. You can get a beer if you want, or just chow down. I'd go back in a second.

• Visited June 2014
Vacaville, California
“Vegetarian Beans!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was me and four kids ages 13-8, we stopped in on our way to the beach. We ordered bean burritos. They were delish and inexpensive. The kids want to go back before we leave. Staff was super friendly and they have a vegetarian section to their menu. Nice surprise!

Visited June 2014
Berkeley, California
“Great Mexican for the price”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Prices are very reasonable and the people are nice. Great location near the Boardwalk & Dream Inn etc. Not "amazing" Mexican food but very good, daily type Mexican fare and a go-to for me whenever I'm here.

Visited May 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“Yummy Yummy!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Awesome food, very fast service!! only problem is there is no public restroom, i mean even for customers. but there is a good side, the food is great, and the location is beautiful, right in front of cowells beach.

Visited April 2014