“Best lunch deal and wholesome food.”
Review of Yan Flower

Yan Flower
Ranked #246 of 373 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California
“Best lunch deal and wholesome food.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For $5.40 you get a soup (egg flower or hot and sour), an egg roll, and a main dish, plus hot tea! The kung pao chicken is excellent as are the other spicy dishes.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank rimbauda

Aptos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“making me hungry just by writing the review.”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

i absolutly love love this place i get it atleast twice a week for lunch! i work at days inn so its very close by:)i always get the hanun chicken with pork fried rice, its amazing! i never forget to order my spring rolls either their delicious!! id kill for their hot sauce!!! i always pay less then $10 including the spring rolls my lunch special and their sweet and sour soup(heaven in my mouth)

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tania305
Santa Cruz, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty American style Chinese food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I am a local, and my friends and I enjoy coming here. The food is flavorful, tasty and fresh, and very reasonably priced, with an extensive menu. A good place to bring your family and dine inexpensively.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Annie M
Newport, United Kingdom
“Haven't had a worse Chinese Meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

OK I am british and didn't know what to expect from an American Chinese restaurant but I'm sure they can't all be as bad as this!

I happened to be in Santa Cruz with my son and we really fancied a Chinese. There was one opposite the Continental Inn but we went walkabout and found this one. Took a while to show us to a table even though the place was only half full. Didn't offer to take drinks orders while we looked at menus. Eventually got a chinese beer and they took orders (don't they do prawn crackers in USA?). Staff seemed very uncoordinated and a chap in a white(ish) vest and trackie bottoms kept coming out of the kitchen - was he really the chef?

Starters arrived. 4 overcooked, pretty meatless 'wings' for son and some sesame balls for me (never had them before - a bit odd but OK). Halfway through eating the appetizers the mains started to arrive. Sweet and sour chicken - battered chicken well overcooked (hard as nuts). Chicken fried rice - looked and tasted more like boiled than fried but plenty of chicken in it. Kung Poa Chicken - spicy but would have expected peppers rather than zucchini and celery and cashew nuts rather than cheapo peanuts. Well maybe we our chinese restaurants are better in UK but I certainly wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013